Bonnie Puffin

Aaaaand, here’s yet another Pica Pau plushie! XD Maybe someday I really will make every single animal in her books. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For today, meet Bonnie Puffin!

The challenge for me with this one was the jacquard pattern on her sweater/scarf bit. I’d used jacquard before for the little froggie underpants I made last year, but for some reason struggled again with this. First I read the pattern upside-down, until SBC helped set me straight. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Then I was really having trouble keeping my tension right, until she helped me again by suggesting I stitch over the carried color instead of just bringing it around the back. That definitely helped!

My only deviation from the pattern this time was to use different colors from the hat. Bonnie here can ALMOST stand up completely on her own (she’s helped here by grass and other incidental pieces of the environment) like James Duck can, and probably could if I’d stuffed her a little better. But she can certainly stand with something to barely lean back against, so she’ll do fine on a shelf or mantle!

16 Likes

She is super cute! And thanks for sharing your tips with the jaquard pattern! I have the Puffin on my to-do-list, but I have never done a jaquard pattern before. Looking forward to see more of the Pica Pau animals! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I truly am enjoying your crochet adventures! It is so nice to have a crochet buddy to help you out…awww…and Bonnie is so darn cute!

3 Likes

My goodness she is darling! I really love her colorway, too - cheerful and yet just a little bit dreamy-misty.

2 Likes

Why are you doing this to me? So stinking cute!

1 Like

Aww Bonnie, I just love you so!

1 Like

Another adorable Pica Pau creature! So cute. I love the little hat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

She turned out great! I hope you have a lot of shelf space for displaying your creations in your new apartment!

1 Like

Hahaha, I actually have no idea where I’m going to put them all! Probably hidden in the closet until my new kitty-to-be is trained to scratch only official scratch toys. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like