Book of Colors

I made this for a dear friend who is expecting. I was inspired by this project I came across online. There were some mental gymnastics required to make sure things lined up right side up and the cover got a re-do at least once, but it all came together in the end.

Cover:

And inside pages:

I tried to include fun little fabric pictures, but also tried to keep one color dominant. It was really fun to put together!

37 Likes

That is the best! I’ve just been sorting scraps this weekend & thinking about projects. We’ve got 3 new little ones in our close friends & family group too. Awesome work, thanks for the inspiration & the link!

3 Likes

What scrappy fun! That’s going to be a cherished gift, for sure.

2 Likes

The actual tutorial is here…but I was more inspired by the style of the first link, lol. The internet is a twisty-turny rabbit hole. I hope you make one!

1 Like

This is adorable!

2 Likes

OMG this is so sweet! I’m sure the little one will have fun staring at all the different patterns and finding the cute pictures, too. All while learning her colors, of course.

2 Likes

I love, love, LOVE it! It’s so beautiful, and special, and utterly Abbie-esque, and it’s already treasured. It even got showed off at my family shower yesterday. Thank you! :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Wonderful rainbow book! Thanks for sharing links.

3 Likes

Wow! This is so fabulous. I love the wee little fabrics inside of each color. What a treasure!

3 Likes

So gorgeous and scrappy, so in keeping with your style! Love it!

2 Likes

Aw! I love that! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I LOVE THIS! I think I totally need to steal this for my grandkids.

2 Likes

When I saw this project I thought, Jennie needs one for her baby, not realizing it was for you (never know who is friends with who outside LC)

Great job @Abbeeroad

2 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi - YES!

@Cindy - It’s funny. Jennie and I are actually C-ster/LC friends who totally became friends outside LC, too! :laughing:

4 Likes

We’ve gone on vacation together! Lol

4 Likes

Yes!! And will again someday I’m sure!

3 Likes

This is adorable and I love that it is s unique and personal for MistressJennies baby. I am sure it will be treasured as it should be.

3 Likes

:mermaid: YOWZA! Your fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :woman_fairy:

2 Likes

Ah! Thank you!

2 Likes

It’s wonderful!
What a beautiful gift.

2 Likes