Scrappy rainbow baby books

Inspired by the Book of Colors @Abbeeroad posted recently, thanks for sharing Abbee! You know I love a scrappy project & can never resist any kind of rainbow anything, lol :rainbow:

Here’s my chonky version. The linen & other fabrics all from stash as well as the variagated rainbow thread, I bought the rainbow ribbon just for this.

I made 3 of them but sewing the pages in was fussy & time consuming so I’m thinking about different ways to do that for the other 2.

27 Likes

Ah! So awesome!! I love the additional colors and the rainbow thread quilting over each block. It really pops on the black!

2 Likes

That rainbow stitching on the black is my favourite too!
I didn’t really read the tutorial until after I’d made all those pages. Totally makes sense to fit just 2 layers together, duh. I could have added colours to the outside covers instead of making more pages. Live & learn, right? Lol. Maybe my new quilting machine can fit the chonk under it’s foot so I can machine sew the others instead of tedious hand stitching. It was soooo time consuming & hard to keep the alignment. I’ve been putting it off but baby #1 visit is this week so it had to get finished.

3 Likes

This is gorgeous! I can’t quite wrap my brain around how it is all assembled… Love the rainbow ribbon on the covers. Pulls the whole thing together.

2 Likes

Hahaha. I did the same thing. I really wanted the inside of the front and back cover to be plain but couldn’t get the math to work…Good job overcoming! It looks fantastic.

2 Likes

Beautiful work! This is going to be such a treatise for the little one. That rainbow ribbon is the perfect touch!

2 Likes

Beautiful! :rainbow:

2 Likes

This is delightful!

2 Likes

So lovely!

2 Likes

Forget babies, I want this next to me at work for whenever I need a little mental break! :grin: :heart:

4 Likes

So pretty! I would love these as a grownup :laughing:

2 Likes

Such a great outcome, totally worth it!

2 Likes

Beautifully done. Love all those little fabric scraps. You had some fun fabrics there!

1 Like

All the colours! This is truly spectacular.

1 Like

Very cute! I love all the scrappiness, so many pretty fabrics get shown off!

1 Like

:tada: :tada: Congratulations, your adorable project is a featured project this week :tada: :tada:

1 Like

This would be a great way to keep bits of the “stash treasures” around long after they are used… Or like the signature quilts of old.

The colors and designs are very compelling! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

They are wonderful!

1 Like

I finished another & mailed it to our cousin today! One more to go…

Love it!! So beautiful :smiley:

1 Like