Bourbon balls

Honestly, any time I get to say “balls” in my cooking, I giggle, bourbon balls, kraut balls, peanut butter balls, I turn into a 12 year old boy
I made these at Christmas and couldn’t contain myself! So yummy!

• 1 cup chopped pecans (I whizzed mine in the food processor so they were almost ground)
  • 1/2 cup Kentucky bourbon (Woodford Reserve is delish)
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners’ sugar
  • 12 ounces chocolate almond bark

1 cup halved pecans soaked in 1 cup bourbon overnight

Directions

1. Mix the butter and sugar; fold in the bourbon and chopped/ground pecans. Form into 1" balls and refrigerate overnight.
  2. Line a tray with waxed paper. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe measuring cup. Drop the refrigerated balls in the melted chocolate to coat; arrange on the prepared tray (I placed mine in mini cupcake liners). Before chocolate hardens top with halved bourbon soaked pecan. Store in refrigerator until serving. For best results freeze the balls overnight, they taste like ice cream!
13 Likes

These look great!

2 Likes

Nice balls! :wink: :laughing: These sound seriously delicious, especially the frozen option!

4 Likes

yum yum yum!
I love balls. Bourbon the best of all. Great choice on using Woodford Reserve.

2 Likes

YUMMMM! They looks and sound so good.

3 Likes

Came for the chocolate, stayed for the booze ~hic!~

5 Likes

Can I ‘like’ this twice? I’d definitely have trouble waiting for them to freeze over night though.

3 Likes

Makin me hungry over here!

2 Likes

This looks yummy!

1 Like

yaaaaassss!!!

These look divine indeed!!

1 Like

OMG these sound amazing

1 Like

They sound really interesting, and I guess I’m also a 12 year old boy because I giggle as well at certain words (inside me of course) XD

1 Like

These look delicious, I’m going to make some!
I don’t have bourbon, have to use rum. Out of pecans, guess walnuts will have to do. Oops, all the chocolate is gone, and the freezer is full of hoarded broccoli. I’ll just have to eat the walnutrumsugarbutter by the spoonful. Mmmmmmm.

1 Like