Honestly, any time I get to say “balls” in my cooking, I giggle, bourbon balls, kraut balls, peanut butter balls, I turn into a 12 year old boy
I made these at Christmas and couldn’t contain myself! So yummy!
- 1 cup chopped pecans (I whizzed mine in the food processor so they were almost ground)
- 1/2 cup Kentucky bourbon (Woodford Reserve is delish)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners’ sugar
- 12 ounces chocolate almond bark
1 cup halved pecans soaked in 1 cup bourbon overnight
- Mix the butter and sugar; fold in the bourbon and chopped/ground pecans. Form into 1" balls and refrigerate overnight.
- Line a tray with waxed paper. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe measuring cup. Drop the refrigerated balls in the melted chocolate to coat; arrange on the prepared tray (I placed mine in mini cupcake liners). Before chocolate hardens top with halved bourbon soaked pecan. Store in refrigerator until serving. For best results freeze the balls overnight, they taste like ice cream!