Boy Baby No. 4 Baby Quilt

My niece apparently loves chaos so added a new baby boy to her family of 3 boys in December. Baby Finley needed a quilt to keep up with his brothers!
I found this set of 6 fat quarters on Etsy and cut each into 4 nine inch squares and made big nine patches with 5 inch strips and a center aquare of 5 inches. Then sliced into quarters for a dissapearing nine patch. With a 5 x 5 block pattern I was one short (6 x 4 = 24 blocks) so a wonky star was born for the center. Came together easily and I used leftover bits for a sensory mini with crinkle lining and ribbons.
It’s on it’s way to her and her 4 boys with the 4 square pups.

The other boy’s quilts. Little Skyler is 3 now. The red sashing with turquoise binding is what started the whole baby quilt journey. We have 7 ‘grands’ now and each has their own.

19 Likes

Such a wonderful quilt! The prints are fun but combined with that navy fabric it doesn’t look too childish when he’s growing up.

1 Like

I love the wonky star in the middle!

1 Like

The quilt is wonderful. Love the special center square and the extras. You have lucky grands!

Love the pattern; it makes everything look slightly off-center (in a good way!) Fun fabrics, too. What a happy quilt tradition!

1 Like

What a wonderful tradition! All those kiddos will have their own memories tied with their quilts!

2 Likes

Love that pic at the end…you need a new one with 4! Love this new addition especially the center star.

This is so great! I love the little taggie blanket to match!!! What a fun tradition!

I love this quilt! I think it is great that you have managed to gift quilts to all of the children! Each one is unique and just so colorful and fun.

I am going to try this pattern but on a bit smaller scale for my new great niece!

What a fun pattern!

Your background fabric choices work so well with all the prints and I love the way those golden squares pop against the blue. I really like your solution for being one square short, that wonky star is perfect as the focal point for your quilt!

The little crinkly taggy toy was a great way to use up the scraps and a fun addition to this quilt gift!

2 Likes

Really cute fabric choices! I love it and I bet your niece does, too!