Bright spot painting

I’ve been enjoying joining in the Challenge Chain to get some creative ideas flowing. This challenge was bright spot.

Watercolour with a bit of coloured pencil and letter stamps. 4” x 6”.

Check out the challenge if you haven’t already - it’s fun!

19 Likes

Fabulous! And you are often a bright spot here!

3 Likes

Such a perfect sentiment, especially now.

2 Likes

Beautiful! Every time I see your work I’m inspired to try water colour painting. You do such gorgeous work.

3 Likes

It’s really lovely and I’m in awe of your skill with letter stamps. I was inspired by the bookmarks you made for little good things and tried the same. My stamped letters look like they were done by a drunk person. I’m blaming the fact that my letter stamps are cheap. What kid
Kind do you use?

2 Likes

Just lovely and a terrific sentiment.

2 Likes

Your work by itself is a bright spot, but now you add a cat AND one of your signature birds, it’s a shinning hotspot of brightdaynes! Love it!

2 Likes

This is purr-fection. I love the theme, the colors, the bird, and of course, the cat! I have a soft spot for black cats.

2 Likes

This is fab!

2 Likes

I love this! The cat looks like the one from the children’s series of books: Pete the Cat

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

@edel these ones are very small stamps and you clip the letters together for each word, which really helps keep it legible. I’ve had a google but I can’t find the brand I have available. They were made in Korea, I’ve had them several years. They were quite cheap, I bought two sets so I had enough letters to make most words. This is a similar product - https://scrapbook.steals.com/daily/deal/id/3016423/pegz-click-together-alphabet-samp-sets

I also use a bigger set of individual letters on some things, which don’t click together, and the stamps are never even!

Quite often I lay a ruler across the artwork a bit below where I want the writing, and that helps - you don’t want the stamps to be touching the ruler, but it really helps me get them to line up by eye. I did that with this piece, and also lined up the stamps along the top of the piece before I did it to get the spacing right.

I need some of those click together stamps and two sets are a really good idea.

like I needed another excuse to go to aliexpress

1 Like

Hehehe. Definitely an essential purchase…

Ok so I found them on Aliexpress. Plus a load of other vintage-y paper ephemera and some rubber duck fabric. And bought them all. Honestly, once the mail gets back to normal the postman is going to need a truck for my house alone. I keep buying craft supplies because I’ve all this time. Of course it’s not like they’ve any hope of arriving until after lockdown.

1 Like

I immediately looked there but didn’t find them, send me a link? I usually stamp each letter then cut it out so I can somewhat control how wonky they end up looking, lol.

2 Likes

Automatic win because it’s a cat :wink: This is very cute. I love the colors.

1 Like

This is the set that I got

#Aliexpress € 0,68 42%OFF | A to Z Letters DIY Crafts Symbol Seal Alphabet Combination English Stamp Ink Print Scrapbooking Supplies
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dVj7gbT

2 Likes

Cool! I hope they work well :smile_cat:

For less that $2 what could possibly go wrong

1 Like

They are in my shopping cart too. Along with this completely silly draining leaf shaped soap holder I really do not need, lol.

1 Like