Made for swap partners in the Little Good Things swap R-2.
The first set of these pretty butterflies was an utter disaster. The stamping went fine, nice vibrant colours and a lovely velvety dark black…
…that smudged all over when I tried to fussy cut the butterflies out, ack!
Running short of time here but I thought maybe stamping the detail colour and the outline in a more permanent ink over a master board would look ok. Not too bad, a little busy maybe.
Once I cut them out though, I didn’t like them very much at all. sigh.
At this point it was way too late to start over again but I did it anyhow with colour ink pads and archival ink for the outline on mixed media paper. I liked how they turned out enough that a couple of days later I rescued the smudgy ones by sticking double sided tape to the backs and covering the fronts with clear packing tape. Now I have a bunch of pretty stickers to play with, yay!
The title of this post may seem a bit confusing but believe it or not, this wasn’t even my first attempt at card making for that swap! I had a completely different idea at first!