By The Light of the Moon Winter Forest Diorama

This is a Solstice gift for one of my dear ones who has a special affinity with rabbits.

The moon, trees, rabbit, and base are cut with dies.

The interior sides are embossed using embossing dies. The rabbit die came with a coordinating stamp. The text was from a Tim Holtz ephemera pack.

Another die for a sentiment on the back. The exterior sides are embossed with an embossing folder. The whole thing is build on the lid from a box of notecards that has been in my stash of “good boxes” for awhile. YEY!

22 Likes

So that’s what you needed the rabbit for! So pretty and peaceful. Every inch of it embellished so beautifully.

2 Likes

THANK YOU! And I ended up “laminating” 3 of those rabbits together in the final project to make it sturdy enough to sit away from the background.

2 Likes

Oh this is delightful. The bits & pieces really all come together in a total finish! That trim on the edges, i love it.

1 Like

Huzzah for stash busting! This is so dreamy. I’m so looking forward to the solstice, this darkness is a drag.
You have a good attention to detail. I wouldn’t have thought about embossing the inner and outer box papers.

1 Like

Thank you, friends!

@Camelama I am pretty sure that trim is from Dollar Tree!

@irid3sc3nt I almost always have embossing intentions and then forget to do it. D’oh!

2 Likes

This is really lovely. I love that glittery background!

Thank you! When I set off to find a deep, dark blue glitter paper I was worried I would only find something too-bright or too-regular. It took two stores, but I was stoked when I found this one!

1 Like

Beautiful! I love the background paper (?) you used for the night sky, too.

1 Like

Thank you! And, yup that’s glitter paper.

2 Likes

It almost looks painted. Great choices on all the colors and textures.

2 Likes

Oh, this is such a delight!!

(How does one get on your “special friends” list? Asking for a friend. LOL! :rofl:)

1 Like

Awwww, you! THANKS SO MUCH!

Probably some “fox hole bonding” kind of situation is involved.

1 Like

Lol!!!

1 Like

This is beautiful! Your knack for these intricate, many-layered details never fails to completely blow me away!

Thank you so much!

The recipient of this is using it for her winter alter which really feels nice.

It’s the sweetest, everything about it is so peaceful and calm.

Thank you!

I love this! And love that this was made from a recycled lid. Beautiful.

Thank you so much!