I decided to step up to the challenge contest!
Felicia = clutter in my closet, random yards of fabric that I have no clue what to do with and some felt interfacing that I would dearly love to see gone!
Over the last couple of years, I’ve been working on losing weight, and as a result, I have several pairs of jeans that are too big for me. They’ve been living in the back corner of my closet, until now…
I also had this blue cotton blend fabric. Can’t remember why I bought it, so I’m using that for lining.
I cut both of the legs off of the jeans, just below the crotch.
Next, I cut the leg pieces along the bulky seam, removing it from the leg pieces, so they would lay out flat.
I guestimated about 17" from the top of the let and cut off the remaining length. (I saved those bits asidde for making the handles.) With my trusty acrylic ruler, I evened up the edges.
After cutting the lining, I interfaced the denim. (Ftr, I bought some felt interfacing that is way too thick for my own use, but I hate throwing stuff away so this was a perfect time to use it.) I’ve never applied interfacing to denim. This took a while to do.
Then, I removed the back pockets from the jeans.
I stitched the pockets to one of the denim panels.
Time to get sewing! I sewed up the sides and bottom of the denim and lining. I used the notch method to box the corners. After sewing the lining to the denim, I made and attached the handles, and voila!!
It’s a Bye bye, Felicia tote bag!