The new year brings a sense of renewal. It also prompts many of us to get into spring cleaning mode to banish all the clutter! While we’re all giving our homes the steely eye of destashing, here is the first Decorative & Functional Crafts Boardwide Challenge!
YOUR MISSION - REPURPOSE AN ITEM YOU WOULD NORMALLY THROW OUT FROM LACK OF USE, OR WEAR AND TEAR.
- Frog an old sweater and reuse the yarn to make some storage baskets.
- Take an old tv tray and turn it into a mosaic side table.
- Save an old book and transform it into a hidden stash bank.
- Transform some old tshirts into a lap blanket.
- You must repurpose something found in your home.
- You do not have to work completely from stash, but it is highly encouraged.
- You must include a picture of the original object that is being transformed, and at least one picture of the transformation (more is always encouraged).
- Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.
- Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
- All entries must be posted by midnight on March 15th.
The winner of the Spring Cleaning Challenge will receive a $25 gift card to Amazon!
- You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the Completed Projects sub-board.
- You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include “- D&F 2020 Q1 Contest Entry” (example: Suzie’s Tshirt Quilt - D&F 2020 Q1 Contest Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
- Voting will happen on March 16th - 22nd.
- The winner will be announced on March 23rd - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.
- If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.
If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun!