Calm Down Pillow

So this project has a bit of a back story. I work as a therapist but I don’t work with kids, and now mostly work with telehealth clients. So I have no idea for this project but I saw the idea on pinterest when I first got my cricut machine many moons ago. Then recently I visited a friend and my friend told me her daughter was having some big emotions and wasn’t managing her emotions well and I was like ding ding I can finally make this. I asked my friend what strategies she wanted on the pillow and so its the things that work for the family.

Sadly I had a little problem with one of the small letters, the i did not want to be ironed on so I completed the project without including the i. The joys of hand made.

18 Likes

What a nice gift!
You could paint on the “i”.

3 Likes

A thoughtful and helpful gift!

2 Likes

I like that it is so personalized. It will show her that someone cares enough to make this just for her. I also love the metallic pink that you used. Very pretty.

1 Like

What a great project! I STILL need to remind myself of some of these strategies. :wink: Big emotions are hard at any age.

2 Likes

This is super thoughtful and really lovely. I, also, need these reminders from time to time, even if some of them are personalized. I have a page in my daily life journal with strategies for exercising and things, and I think I will add a page for Calm Down Strategies! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::cherry_blossom: I hope your friend’s daughter loves it, and that it helps her work through some of her hard feelings more constructively and with encouragement.

2 Likes

You did a great job and it is a very thoughtful gift!

1 Like

This is a great reminder and something we all could utilize!

1 Like

How lovely and sweet!!!

1 Like

Great idea! I hope that her daughter likes it (and uses it!). I don’t know much about a Cricut, I always get them confused with other diecut machines… did you create the images and cut them out on it? Or was it some downloadable content?

@irid3sc3nt- The daughter liked it and she has actually used it and shared with her brothers when they were having melt downs so its getting the love. So this project I found some images I wanted to use and downloaded them in to design space and designed the layout in cricut design space. But other projects I have done are downloadable content.

1 Like