Camera/Binocular Bag

I’d like to make a sturdy bag to carry both my camera and binoculars.

Has anyone made a camera bag or a bag you think would be large enough for both items?

Depends, how big the the camera?

It’s a large point-and-shoot, no extra lenses.

1 Like

Check out this bag pattern on Etsy. It has compartments for both!

2 Likes

This one. I know it’s supposed to be a diaper bag, but I’ve made it as a travel bag and I use it a lot. Free pattern and good pockets with a decent size interior.

This was the post I made about the one I made.

2 Likes

Thanks @gozer and @Edel … I’ll check out both of those.

1 Like

I love that bag…it can be adapted for a lot of uses!

I got burned out a few years ago making so many bags…but now I feel like I want to make them again.

@Cindy…let me know if you decide on a pattern…I might just make one along with you…we could ZOOM our projects!

2 Likes

I found this Camera Bag online and like the look of it, the largest size.

What I should do is measure my camera and binoculars to figure out what dimensions I need.

3 Likes

Thats a cute pattern.

2 Likes

I love Sew sweetness patterns. She also has videos for many of her patterns and a facebook group that can help.with pattern specific questions before you buy

1 Like

I’m watching her right now!
I just thought of you @Dfabbric, she was showing some Giardini paints for finishing edges of cork, vinyl & leather. Do you use that sort of product? It has a short shelf-life but makes a very pro looking finish!

1 Like

Yes, I do use it and don’t find any issues with shelf life. Its great for my purse pals that have raw edges.

1 Like

Oh, she said the manufacturer states the paint itself once opened will last only 12 months. Not true?

1 Like

I am not sure, I havent had an issue, but then lots of things have recommended expiration dates that arent necessarily accurate. I also keep mine in the basement, so maybe because its cooler :woman_shrugging: I know that the company in Alberta that sells it, wont ship during winter. There must be lots of rules around it, but Im not good at following rules :laughing:

1 Like