I had made this campfire block a couple weeks ago. Truth be told it was for @marionberries for a swap project but I decided to go in a different direction. So now the quilt block is all mine.
The block has been floating around my craft area and this morning I needed a little project to do while my son played at 6am. (Making a playroom in the basement right next to my craft room was the best idea ever.)
I added some white fabric around the border, top stitched right next to the block itself. Since I’m pretty sure the white fabric is cheap muslin I decided to thicken up the front a bit and double layered it using some HeatNBond. I forgot that HeatNBond is kinda stuff but hopefully with use and washing it’ll soften up a bit.
For the back I did an envelope style closure. I’ve never actually done that before so I feel like I did pretty good for winging it. (I know most seasoned sewists are like “That’s the easiest thing ever.” But hey…I’m all about celebrating every win! )
As soon as I showed my three year old he tried to claim it as his own which is always cute. This pillow, however, is destined to go to our camper which we’ll hopefully be visiting this weekend.