Carved Pumpkins- Halloween Decor Entry 2022

This Year my kids are trying to raise money for Sea Turtle conservation (feel free to message me if you want to know more about that project), so we decided to carve our pumpkins to look like sea turtles. We also made some Star Wars Jack-O-Lanterns to go with our Halloween Costumes. I made the Hawksbill Turtle and Yoda/Grogu. My husband made the Imperial Symbol. The kids carved the other pumpkins. It took 2 days to carve everything. The pumpkins came from a local pumpkin patch a block a way that just has an honor box to leave your money in. We used clay sculpting tools and knives to carve the pumpkins. I remembered we had a pumpkin carving Dremel when we were finished and it was too late to use it. Oops.

18 Likes

Your carved pumpkins are fantastic!

Love your focus on helping sea turtles! I attended our local sea turtle community awareness program…it fantastic! I learned a lot and hope to be part of the sea turtle watch next year!

2 Likes

OMG, those turtles are amazing!

1 Like

All your pumpkins are great! I got an extra kick out of the “egg” the turtles are scrambling away from. SO CUTE!

1 Like

Thank you! After we carved the turtles there were the half bits of pumpkin left over and the kids were like “Those are the eggshells mom! The turtles just hatched!” It worked perfectly. We also just had to put them in the sandbox, because sand seemed like the most appropriate place for sea turtles.

1 Like

That is awesome! I wish we lived somewhere near sea turtles so we could help them in person, but alas we do not so we just support from afar. We pick a different charity to gift to each Christmas season and give all of our family and friends a handmade ornament in that theme along with a donation in their honor. Last year we picked sea turtles, and the kids are doing another fundraiser for the sea turtle organization we supported last year right now. (This year we are going to support pollinators and monarch butterflies for Christmas).

1 Like

Thank you!

We had 14 nests and over 700 hatchlings. It is a big event for the town of Carolina Beach! Special lights are used so that the little turtles don’t get confused and go the wrong way. There are also blackout periods. So happy that young people are into saving these precious animals. Great that you are teaching your children the importance of charity and being involved in our world.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

They are adorable, great job by everyone, and good luck with the sea turtle project!

1 Like

Thank you everyone!

These are so amazing!

1 Like