Challenge chain, for fun and to get us out of our corona slump

I’ll accept the folklife archive challenge!
Oh, and I’ll give myself a week.

How about INTERNATIONAL as the next challenge?

I’ll choose international
Something for my dad (I know what but I’m not saying)
One week to make it

My challenge is STRING

I accept the string challenge!

I’m going to turn some string (ok thin cotton yarn) into a produce bag.

I’ll give myself until tomorrow, because I know there’s a half finished one lurking in my craft room somewhere.

My challenge is Under the bed

I’ll take UNDER THE BED!
In the next week I’ll iron and tie/tuft my bedspread project, which has been sitting under the bed awaiting attention.

Next challenge: ANOTHER WORLD. Astronomy? Sci-fi? Our new normal? Speculative fiction? Steampunk? “Another world is possible”?

I’ll take another world. Two days.

My challenge to you :Hats!

I’ll claim hatsOne week to do it.

My challenge RED AND YELLOW in the same project

I claim Red and Yellow. I’ll have it done in a few days. I’m going to use prismacolor pencils and make a picture.

My challenge is: cookout (food, games, decor)

1 Like

I’ll take cookout! Will do today…

How about SIGN as the next challenge?

ok, I’ve gotta take SIGN. I just had an idea that I need to demo: a whole nature trail of Effin Birds-inspired signs, with some of them also giving grumpy interpretive/educational nature info. I’ll give myself two weeks for this one! Though the idea of the finished product makes me smile, I concluded it’s beyond my snark threshold to actually make that many signs happen. So I’ll give it back since I don’t have another idea yet.

SIGN is back up as the challenge for you to take!

2 Likes

Oh, calluna, I hope you do that project eventually! It sounds Effin Awesome!

And, I’ll take SIGN! Because I just realized I had something prepped that I can use.

My challenge is paper bag (lunch bag or grocery bag). I don’t think that’s been done. If it has, I can come up with another!

I just finished my last challenge, so I’ll do something with a paper bag!

My next challenge is the place of your dreams - something to make your home more inspiring? something inspired by a country you’ve always wanted to visit? a favourite place (real or imaginary)? - where do you dream of being?

Okay, I’ll take the place of your dreams.

This will be the impetus to complete a(n?) UFO… it may take as much as a couple of weeks; we’ll see.

Edited to say, “Oooops!” I just read the very first post and it says these are supposed to be quick little projects. Missed that part somehow…

I’ll still do the challenge, but will do something smaller-scale… like maybe a small drawing or ATC. Will finish by the end of the weekend at the latest.

How about FAN (or FAN OUT) as the next challenge?

I will take FAN, and interpret it as fandom… This weekend I’ll finish the series of Doctor Who ATCs I started about 2 years ago and then left 80% complete all this time.

Piggybacking on that, but not limited to that universe, let’s have the next challenge be DOCTOR. Dr. Pepper? Medical personnel appreciation? Doctor Teeth and the Electric Mayhem? Someone with a doctorate who inspires you? Doctoring as in altering something?

3 Likes

I claim DOCTOR. As for direction, Dr Pepper should suit. As weekends can get crazy right now, my project will have until Wednesday to be finished.

My challenge to you, should you choose to accept it is SPIN. Maybe a new way of doing something you have done before, something that spins, DJ, or even the Spin Doctors. Even our Earth spins, so feel free to be as interpretive as you want, just have fun.

I’m almost finished with my current challenge, so I’ll take SPIN!

My challenge is FLOOR- something that goes on the floor, or even something to keep things off of the floor.

I’m going to take Floor. Because it’s going to spur me on to finish a quilt that’s been hanging around for a few weeks. I need to make the quilt sandwich and pin it. All that is done on the floor. Then wrestle with it through my machine and then bind it. But I want to give it to a friend on Friday so it’s the perfect prompt.

My challenge is DAWN CHORUS you can interpret this any way you choose, birds, singing, getting up early to record and upload it to this site. Dawn-chorus.org

3 Likes

Ok I’ve stalled the thread.

So one of the following:
singing
birds
feathers
Or waking up/transformation

I will take one of these! You didn’t stall out, I’ve just been enchanted by the theme of “dawn chorus” but not sure how to make my ideas come to life. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m going to join in the Paper Zoom this Saturday, so whatever I make I’ll tie it in with the themes somehow.

New challenge: the '90s. (Final decade of any century, I suppose.)

I’ve been meaning to get in on this, so I’ll take 90s! I’ll give myself a week.

My challenge is drama.

I’ll take drama! I wonder if I can incorporate a llama…

My next challenge is fluffy!

1 Like