Challenge chain, for fun and to get us out of our corona slump

Claiming mismatched. I have no idea when I’ll finish, but I hope in the next week; the school schedule is becoming a little more standardized, so maybe I can figure out some me time!

I’m sending “Book” back out there, since I failed to make good use of it.

I’m going to claim “Book.”
I’m going to make a masterboard that uses pages from a book.
I’ll be done by Friday.

My challenge is cardboard.

2 Likes

I’ll claim cardboard, I’ll give me a week.

My challenge is spirals

I’ll claim spirals. It’ll pair well with my geometric claim. Again, by the weekend.

(fun fact: I almost challenged words or letters and then, boom!, books was the challenge. I digress:)

I challenge: ROBOTS. Bonus points if it a steampunk robot. Triple bonus points if there is automaton ( added that last part for you @endymion! :slight_smile: )

But, as they say on Who’s Line is it anyway…the points don’t matter!

Hahaha! A steampunk robot automaton would be cool, but I have too many projects in the air for DS’s birthday this weekend to pull that off!

Someone else will have to do ROBOT. :grin: :robot:

Resistance is futile! I claim ROBOT, I’ll have a new robot friend by Monday.

My challenge is In the Forest …

2 Likes

I claim IN THE FOREST… Most likely I’ll go do some crafting out in the forest, but maybe I’ll also come up with something foresty to make. I’ll do this by Sunday.

My challenge for you, should you choose to accept it: PAST GENERATIONS. Honor those who came before you by carrying forward what they brought you. Maybe use a skill/technique they taught you or supplies you inherited; maybe make a theme out of something they valued or taught you; or maybe make something that honors their memory. It may also be someone you never actually met, but who had a big influence on you. Then, keep their wisdom and strength with you as you craft and go about your day!

4 Likes

I’ll take PAST GENERATIONS! I’m going to make another hanger cover the way my mother taught me, which is how her mother taught her!

Unfortunately I didn’t have the materials I needed for the STRETCH YOURSELF prompt that I took before, so I’m throwing it back out there. Try something new!

1 Like

I’m going to take stretch yourself.

Today I’m going to make an entire illusion quilt top. Definitely stretching myself!

4 Likes

@edel, you forgot to add your challenge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

I did thank you @GMPNQ . And I’ve been busy sewing all day, so I’ve not been back.

My challenge is nest

2 Likes

I claim nest! I’m working on it already :blush:

My challenge is Community!

I’ve been wanting to make a raffle prize for the Nerd Games here on LC. So I’ll use that notion for the Community challenge! Should have something by Monday.

My challenge will be found objects. Feature something unusual, a found object, in your creation.

2 Likes

I’m not picking this prompt but what a cool idea! Can’t wait to see what someone comes up with

1 Like

I’m taking found object. I have a stash of garbage I’ve picked up off the ground, before this health crisis started and it’s all been cleaned, I promise!

My challenge is Spring Creatures. I can see so many birds and beasts running around the yard these days! They are so cute, even the dirty squirrels who have been eating buds off the magnolia tree. I almost don’t hate them for that.

1 Like

As I have obsessively been photographing with my DSLR camera the birds on my seed feeder the past 2 days, I will share some of these photos and claim Spring Creatures within the next few days.

My challenge is: Take something and supersize it.

1 Like

I am taking super size it. As I have to decide between a couple of possibilities, I have 11 days to finish this.

My challenge is Bright Spot. Whether that means brightening someone’s day or bright light/colors is open to interpretation.

I claim bright spot! I’ll make something bright by Friday.

My challenge is a favourite thing

1 Like

I claim a Favourite Thing! With any luck I’ll get the basic work done on a simple white quilt/coverlet for this challenge, but if I continue to procrastinate with the ironing then there are plenty of other options with this theme. :slightly_smiling_face:

A challenge for you: MANDALA. Whatever the medium, working on mandalas can be very therapeutic and meditative!

I claim mandala, I think I can even do that in a timely manner-- let’s say by Wednesday.

My challenge is isolation bingo (a card, your favorite entry, a good prize…)

1 Like