Challenge chain, for fun and to get us out of our corona slump

I claim FAVOURITE ANIMAL. I’ll aim to finish the basket I’ve been making for my favorite cat, within one week.

And now this challenge: GET FANCY! Dress up with all your protective gear for crafting, cosplay from what you have on hand, or put on your best attire and hair for a photo with your finished item! Or make something that is way fancier than you’ve been feeling/dressing. I went around all day in costume yesterday, after all these weeks of pajamas and jeans, and it felt so good.

ETA: “Fancy animals” also works!

shits-about-to-get-fancy-our-ecards-someecards-com-25735812

3 Likes

I’ll get fancy!! :sparkles: :crown: :sparkles: I’ll do something by the end of this weekend.

My challenge is circles - a design with circles on it, something round, something for a circle of friends, however you want to interpret it, as long as it’s not square!

I claim circles! I’m going to make some circular rainbow ribbon toys for a birthday gift. I’ll give myself 2 days.

My challenge is SNAIL MAIL - make a card to mail to a friend, an ATC with stamps on it, a thankful sign for your mail carrier, jazz up your mailbox, or whatever else you can think of!

Snail mail is for me, I have a stack of cards waiting to be filled out, addressed and mailed!

My challenge is SQUARE, run with your idea!

Good thing the challenge isn’t scissors :scissors:

6 Likes

ooh ooh me! I’ll take SQUARES :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
Your challenge shall be
TRY A NEW RECIPE
I give myself til next week to finish mine, I have the base idea of it started

1 Like

I will definitely TRY A NEW RECIPE! I’m starting a new one right now, in fact, inspired by some of @roler’s recent cooking.

Next challenge: What/who you’re surprised you miss.

3 Likes

Here’s an additional challenge option : pick a past swap from the dead site that you didn’t get to participate in. Maybe start looking near the end of the list, to see ideas that have been forgotten. See what idea speaks to you and get to crafting!

3 Likes

Ooh I claim this. There was an apron swap and I need one for medieval re-enactment. So it’ll get me going. I’m going to give myself two weeks to get it done.

My challenge is sheep just for something completely random.

1 Like

I’ll take sheep! I will make some much needed placements for my outdoor table. I give myself a week to get 4 done.

I also want to go to the dead site and look at some swaps I missed…

My challenge is animal baby…

1 Like

So, I took @Magpie “square” challenge and completely FUBAR’d it. Now I gotta rethink it

That wasn’t me, it was @Magpie, I just responded to remind everyone not to run with scissors :smiley:

1 Like

I fixed it! And I’m still not running with scissors :scissors:

no body wants to do baby animal…

ok…how about soft and cuddly? :slight_smile:

I’ll take soft and cuddly! I have a sewing idea I need more motivation to tackle, so I’m planning on finishing by Monday.
My challenge is trash to treasure :star2:

1 Like

I’ll take trash to treasure! Hopefully I can do it justice by Sunday.

My challenge is circus! Anything circus-themed is a GO! :circus_tent:

1 Like

I’m jumping in! I have wanted to do this since you guys started.

I’m claiming @Bunny1kenobi’s circus theme
I will more than likely embroider something or maybe make a felt doll. I give myself 5 days to complete this.

My challenge is: magical fairy garden

2 Likes

I will take MAGICAL FAIRY GARDEN! So many options here in my magical fairy world… I’ve been wanting to make a little ladder with twigs and twine for the fairies (maybe elves or gnomes instead)

Next up: Take the American Folklife Center’s Archive Challenge. You’ll explore the visual and/or audio Archives online, find inspiration, and create! Whether visual arts, performing arts, traditional craft/skill, writing, a research project, or something altogether different, incorporate something you find from one of the online collections. If music (especially hip-hop) is of interest, may I recommend playing with the new Citizen DJ site, which is in beta mode, pulls audio from the above collections, and is really stinkin’ awesome.

No need to share it beyond here if you don’t want to. And I’m here as your friendly librarian/archivist to offer assistance if you do want to claim this!

2 Likes

I’ll accept the folklife archive challenge!
Oh, and I’ll give myself a week.

How about INTERNATIONAL as the next challenge?

I’ll choose international
Something for my dad (I know what but I’m not saying)
One week to make it

My challenge is STRING