Challenge chain, for fun and to get us out of our corona slump

Oh, I want to make something outdoors. I’ll create something nice for the thirsty critters in the garden. I’ll figure it out the coming weekend.

My challenge is Wallpaper

I’ll take wallpaper! It will be a while before I can post it, since it’s going to be part of a swap package. So, about 2 -3 weeks. Sorry… :grimacing:

My challenge will be join the dark side! Interpret it how you wish- a Star Wars project, something dark colored, something scary-ish…

1 Like

I’ll take dark side. I have no idea what it’ll be, so I’ll say 1 week.

My challenge is golden.

2 Likes

I will take golden. I have a partial bolt of golden yellow fabric (that drives me insane because it’s never ending & not my fave). I’m challenging myself to make something (small) to use up some more. I’m giving myself until noon on Monday.

My challenge is STARRY NIGHT in honor of the stars I saw over the weekend at a cabin.

2 Likes

I know I haven’t finished my SPIN challenge yet, but it’s on the docket for this week. So, I’m going to also claim STARRY NIGHT.

And, because the beans I planted a week and a half ago have sprouted, my challenge is going to be BEANSTALK! That could be something green, or viny, or gigantic, or even magical! Or, even a more literal interpretation :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll take it! Beanstalk it is. I’ll make something paper crafty or possibly crocheted and I’ll give myself until next weekend since I know myself and crafting during work weeks usually is very slow going or doesn’t happen at all. I might finish it today, but sadly house cleaning has to come before fun.

My challenge is Spilled tea or just tea if it works better for you.

1 Like

Heck, I’ll go ahead and take TEA. I’ve been fond of this art journal page forever and there’s no valid reason to not make my own, with the amount and variety of tea I have: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98657307@N00/5398603252/sizes/z/in/pool-1323722@N25/
I’ll post a photo by the end of the week.

Challenge for you: Use a technique or supply you loved to use when you were a child. You can expand on it as much as you want, be as messy or composed as you want, or try using your non-dominant hand so it all feels new and clumsy again, at least for a little while. :grin: Connect with what it felt like to simply create, at a certain age.
ETA: mud is definitely a craft supply. :wink:

2 Likes

Expanding that challenge theme:

• Children or childhood more generally
  • Childlike glee
  • Craft with a kid, or prepare a tutorial or kit for a kid to craft with.

Oh, craft with a kid, I’ll take it, I’m currently crafting with mine :slight_smile:
Hmm, now I have to come up with a challenge. How about Sound?

1 Like

I have never done this challenge but I am so ready to take this one on! @Tanath have been meaning to expand the music section of the preschool before it reopens. Thinking of making some simple maracas, finger zills, castanets, drums, tambourines, etc… out of recycled materials.

So I guess I need to lay down a challenge theme for someone else? How about the moon? :crescent_moon::full_moon_with_face::waxing_gibbous_moon: Any takers?

3 Likes

I’ll take moon! :last_quarter_moon_with_face:

My next challenge is there’s something fishy going on here …

2 Likes

I love that prompt! Not claiming just yet since I don’t need distraction from my current one :joy:

I’ll take something fishy! I’ve had a little project in mind for a few years now, and I’ll go ahead and do it this week.

New challenge : SUBSTITUTION
Unexpected materials? Juxtaposition? Tweaking a recipe for dietary needs? Making do without a trip to the store? Adaptation in the New Normal? Substitute teaching? Etc. (“Etc” indicates where my brainstorming fizzled out :smile:)

Ok, I got substitution, for something I just did between reading this and claiming. :wink:

Next challenge: sticks and string.

2 Likes

Oh dear, did I kill this? It was supposed to be an easy one.
To clarify-- yarn & thread count as string, and hooks & needles of all types count as sticks…

I am doing something with needle and thread…

I’ll take your challenge, @thanate!

my challenge is a pocket…do something with a pocket…think outside the box…it doesn’t have to be clothing pocket…maybe something in paper, or clay, or…

1 Like

I’ll take pocket! I have a couple I saved from my leggings to tank top project!

My challenge is:
kindness: What does kindness mean to you? Make something kind for yourself or for someone else.

2 Likes

I’ll take kindness!

My challenge is holiday! This should be an easy one! Now that September is here and we are all looking forward to cool weather (unless you’re down under :wink:), and all sorts of holidays are around the corner, go for it!!

2 Likes

I’ll take holiday, by making the U.S. holiday this Monday my deadline. And I’ll see if I can finish the effin birds-inspired holiday cards I’ve had in the works!

And for another challenge: less doing, more being. As a guideline (adapt as you want): for every 30 minutes of crafting, 5 minutes of stepping away for meditation, stillness, mindful breathing, or physical exercise. Make anything you want during the spans of craftiness.

2 Likes

I will take @calluna challenge of mindfulness, mostly because I am spinning out today and I need to be still, I need to be. So I am going to make some jewellery (the post man delivered some lovely beads) and set a timer for a break every 30 minutes.

my challenge is make something for someone else it can be anything, a cake, a card, happy mail, whatever inspires you.

Alternatively if you are looking for a challenge and feeling curmudgeonly, make something featuring the colour green

2 Likes