Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

Nice one @AIMR.

I claimed In Stitches from @anna.wahnsinn ages ago and finally got this done yesterday.

It’s a piece of silk paper I made at college, with wool fibres trapped and when it was dry I painted it using watercolours.
I think it’s done, but might go back under the needle yet.

11 Likes

oh it looks like a topographical map

1 Like

I hadn’t spotted that. It does.

1 Like

Nice … I recognize that pattern :smiley:

2 Likes

It was easy…I know I made at least three mistakes but I can’t even find them…a very forgiving and mindless pattern…

3 Likes

I chose @audity’s TWISTED RAINBOWS and had a totally different plan but thought of this idea in the middle of the night and went for it later …

I gave them there own post Twisted Rainbow Muffins

17 Likes

oh this is a great interpretation!!! ha ha ha great job!

1 Like

I claimed @GMPNQ’s “be kind to yourself” challenge, and treated myself to a 4x6 artwork using my masterboard from the other day to make this piece using newscaster Chris Cuomo’s saying: Together. As Ever. As One. I don’t know if he got it from someone else or not, but it has been very inspiring to me lately.

11 Likes

I’m guessing what the word is, in @magpie 's “naughty” theme :smiley:

I love those beautiful artsy In Stitches @gmpnq :heart_eyes:
@aimr I love the lap blanket, it’s a beautiful symmetric pattern that really shines and makes me feel so harmonious.

@audacity I want those monsters!!! Fab!

I claimed @GMPNQ for “Spring celebrations”. I was going to make this adorable bunny headband , but as an adult size (I don’t have any children, nor really know any that are young enough to wear it) it came out… weird. The ears were waaaayyyy too tiny, when I tried to cut them off the original headband I accidentally cut the headband material. And the headband was weird, almost like it wanted to be a hat? It was too big. So I started over and made a narrower band and skipped the bunny ears. I’m not too happy with it yet. After learning my lesson with the dumb ears I just have all these accessories tied on with little bows of yarn underneath the band, so maybe I just need to rearrange them… Thoughts welcome! :smiley:

Edited to add photo of original and v2

10 Likes

I think your v2 looks good! Maybe a couple more flowers to make it less a line of the 5-petal ones behind the rosebud would work?

I agree those ears look more like a deer or a mouse or something at that scale. If you want to make them more bunny-like maybe doubling the length would work?

1 Like

More roses & darker leaves might work?

2 Likes

This thread is so inspiring!

I like your headband @Cyn-energy! I wonder if adding a few more leaves and moving the flowers around a bit to frame the focus red rose a little more would help the rose stand out more? Hope you’re having fun playing around with it!

2 Likes

Woohoo, I think I’m done with @thanate’s challenge, evil eye!

Miniature rug pattern came from this site, which has many others too. The cross-stitch was half finished already, but I didn’t have enough of any tan/khaki shade so there was a lot of experimenting with shading. Pliable metal bands added to top and bottom, some accent beads on top, and finally a few dangly evil eyes/ eyes of Fatima, courtesy of @Magpie.

18 Likes

Ooh, beautiful stitching!!

That is truly spectactular, so gorgeous!

That is a wonderful way to meet that challenge!

I finished @Cyn-energy’s sunrise inspired challenge.

I haven’t been to the hairdresser for while so I’ve been in need of hair accessories. I had a little bit of leftover Noro yarn, and I made this headband. The graduated colours remind me a little of a sunrise (it’s not the best lit photo, but our only mirrors are in bathrooms).

I lurve Noro yarn, so happy to find a use for the leftovers. The pattern is this popular and easy one - Calorimetry.
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/calorimetry

The pattern knits quite large, I only cast on 90, and knit fewer rows for a narrower band. Very fast knit, I might make more!

11 Likes

cute! the caloimetry has been a favorite of mine…but when the pattern first came out, everyone was complaining to the designer that there was something wrong with the pattern…she got quite belligerant about it and refused to adjust it despite hundreds of complaints…I took careful notes on mine and made quite a few of them, including for the entire mod squad…I believe I had to go down to size 7 needles…I’ll see if I can find my notes for you…I just got a shipment of Noro yarn! I love it as well!

2 Likes

Yes, I’m glad I checked other people’s project notes on ravelry, it saves a lot of time if you know how things knit up. I found it wasn’t hard to just knit it to the size I wanted.

I’m a bit jealous of your Noro shipment! :smiley: I’ll look forward to seeing what you create with it!

1 Like

This is gorgeous ! Well done. I am growing my hair out now and will be needing some hairbands soon. I must pick up my knitting again - I never got off the basic stitch / washcloth / scarf kind of idea, and that’s been 10 years or more ago.

1 Like