Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

That is fabulous @endymion and the archive sounds really interesting

1 Like

I love that doll so much. She is beautiful!

1 Like

Oh no, I just remembered I have an outstanding claim to finish … hats. It may have to get pushed to next week as I have a large sewing commitment this week.

In an effort to share the love, I did not officially claim @endymion’s “sign” prompt, but I did do this prompt anyway!

Not Opes Cross Stitch Sign

6 Likes

Cool sign @Lynx! I will have to look up the video :smiley_cat:

I love your ballerina @endymion - what a wonderful piece!

1 Like

I posted my FAN challenge, and while I was at it also started updating my ATC gallery on ATCS For All!
Doctor Who season 5 ATCs: One for each episode

3 Likes

You did it!! Nice job!

Love it!!! Below is the project I did in response to @jemimah’s the place of your dreams challenge. I had always wanted to try zentangle; this is my first attempt. It took a lot longer than I anticipated!

11 Likes

Whoa, that is awesome!

1 Like

No way that’s your first! It’s amazing!

2 Likes

Here’s my sign for @endymion’s challenge! This is a free pattern from Molly at Wild Olive, and it’s a fitting sign for these challenging times. Not everyone has been able to spend their social isolation in the learning of a new language, craft skill, or musical instrument. For many, it’s been enough to make it through each day. So, this acts as a reminder to just do what you need to do to get through this, and don’t compare yourself to what others are doing (ever… not just now).

9 Likes

Love this!

2 Likes

I, too, absolutely LOVE this. Great message and well-stitched.

1 Like

For the prompt Doctor from @calluna I decided to craft using Dr Pepper cans.

I learned a lot, including not to watch TV while crafting with sharp aluminum. :roll_eyes: No bleeding, so no worries. :grin:
Also, don’t sit your project where you tend to plop down. Part of it got a little squished.

11 Likes

That’s very pretty. And I’m glad no bleeding occurred.

1 Like

Lack of bleeding usually counts as successful crafting in my book.

3 Likes

I bound off my ”string” craft yesterday. Ends need to be woven in and then a photo shoot. It turned out a bit weird for many reasons, but will hopefully be functional.

Finally wove the ends in for the string challenge!

String (thin cotton yarn) into a mesh bag.

Oh, and posted it in its own post too: Wonky produce bag

10 Likes

I picked up calluna’s the '90s challenge. For my art journal page in the Paper Zoom, I used a sentiment from the iconic (IMO) Gin Blossoms song “Hey Jealousy”:
20200620_161449
Project post: The Past Is Gone art journal page

7 Likes

Simultaneously, I was making pages for Edel’s challenge of transformation, birds, feathers, that kind of thing. I didn’t get too far while we were on Zoom but I finished this morning!

2 Likes