Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

oh…how sweet is that!

Your geometric quilt looks fab @Lynx!

I love the squirrel @calluna, he’s adorable!

Cute, cute, cute!

Perfect little spot for it!!

oh man…I am going to have to remember what challenges I have taken up! I forgot that I was doing Fishes!

I think I already forgot what I was thinking…so I will have to think of something else this weekend!

1 Like

I finished my cat challenge and fish but can’t share because they are in the mail. This challenge is an excellent motivator but my turn around is as slow as, well, the postal system, haha!

2 Likes

I am working on my spring creatures claim now…then will do my spiral claim…hopefully when I start the weekend atc blitz!

@Edel, that quilt is beautiful! I love that you were able to use all Japanese fabrics- it gives it such a unified look, and the grey shadow is such a neat effect.

@Lynx, great job on the soccer shirt quilt! I like how you varied the sizes on some of them.

@calluna, your squirrel came out great! It’s hard to believe that a year has gone by already. It feels like we were just there! I guess I should dig out my squirrel and get hime finished, too :crazy_face:

And, here’s my masterboard from @BreadMenace’s challenge of books (via @thanate who tossed it back out there). I used a random page from Around the House With Heloise (I have no idea where it came from), and used it in the background, along with some B & W scrapbook paper, some gray pieces from a tissue paper wrapper, and some chevron washi tape. Then, I went over it with some metallic silver paint. I dipped a kitchen scrubber in black and dabbed it all over, then used some white fabric paint to layer a flower stencil over that. It still didn’f feel finished, so this morning, I separated some strands of silver metallic floss and glued the pieces down.

I am so close to finishing my Metal challenge from @Bunny1kenobi, but I need to buck up the courage for the final step. I thought I had some “Rub N’ Buff” on hand, but I couldn’t find it, so now I need to use paint… I just need to go for it. If I screw it up, I can always paint over it, right?

5 Likes

I made a bird lovers dozen set of notecards with pictures I took of my backyard birds to complete @Magpie’s spring creatures challenge. I was so inspired, I am going to order prints (so there’s not the annoying print lines that are on some of these…I think I needed to tell my printer glossy photo paper) and make a few sets for Christmas presents.

And a few of my favs:

No hummingbirds yet this year, but they are in my state, so I put the feeder up.

13 Likes

Wow, great shots, they would make beautiful Christmas cards! I’m a little jealous of all of your avian visitors, I must say!

1 Like

Great cards!! I’m a bird lover and jealous you get Cardinals.

1 Like

Oh I can’t hardly keep up with the comments haha!

haha :joy: Which is why I didn’t do so many challenges yet! I am also swap-crafting, it is very tempting to do pick more challenges!

I somehow overlooked your gorgeous soccer t-shirt quilt @Lynx. What a great quilt! So personal and just awesome! :metal:t3:
Love all the bird cards too! So many birds that don’t live around here. How pretty!

@calluna aww, I love your little squirrel in the forest :orange_heart:

@craftADDchick that masterboard is so cool! Can’t wait to see what you will use it for!

2 Likes

So many gorgeous things on here!

I finally got to @Magpie’s challenge to craft something for myself. And here it is:

I created the stencil on canva because it’s so user friendly with so many, many options. Then I downloaded it as a jpg and put it into my silhouette so I could cut the stencil.

14 Likes

This is absolutely hilarious!

1 Like

Oh. Mah. Gawd, I love it. And it’s also true for me too, how did you know?

2 Likes

Hahaha! That’s great!!

Lovely cards @Lynx!! Beautiful!

2 Likes

I made a new friend, thanks to @Lynx’s robot challenge. He’s not an automaton …

… but he can dance!!

18 Likes

I love him!!

1 Like

I claimed @GMPNQ’s challenge of spirals. I knew I wanted to do something on paper, but hadn’t settled until this afternoon. I painted some somewhat hypnotizing spirals white on black paper scraps from the bird notecards I made! These are 4x6 and will probably be backgrounds for something. They made be backgrounds for 4x6 art, or cut into atcs. I’m not sure.

I added some of this glitter glue I got at 5 Below. As you can see from the pictures, the glitter is still drying, but it appears to be green an dnot blue. I haven’t really used this much, so I’ll see what happens when it’s completely dried. This was fun and relaxing. Thanks!

10 Likes

My child has that glitter glue (which was a present from a friend’s grandma…); the background color is not too persistent in small quantities and the glitter is the same mix that tends green for all of them, so you may just not be seeing the blue tint on top of the black much at all. It does darken slightly when dry, but not lots.

1 Like