Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

Cute circus dog!

You stitch so quickly! I’m impressed!

Thanks all! I’m surprised I stitched the dog in a few hours. I am much faster at embroidery than cross stitch.

1 Like

I chose @endymion’s INTERNATIONAL theme and made my dad an Airmail themed bag

The bottom fabric has envelopes from all over the world which makes it international

10 Likes

Love those fabrics!

1 Like

Hey, perfect! Great response to the prompt.

1 Like

I’m still working on turning string into a bag. I got started in the time I had set for myself but the cat wanted walkies and knitting while holding the leash of a cat is slow going :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been a bit behind because, life. I’m loving everything in this thread, you are all making beautiful things!!

I finally finished @calluna’s fancy challenge this morning :smiley:

12 Likes

Oh @jemimah that is gorgeous

1 Like

That’s perfect fanciness!! I love the expression, the swirls, the color blend, the foot/leg angled, the accessories!

1 Like

The best part of this challenge is seeing how people run with the prompt!

I have really enjoyed seeing everything from food to art…

the little fairy rope ladder is something I would squeal with delight if I saw it in the woods…

the fancy bird sure is fancy…a crown and pearls!

and chicken with raspberry sounds so yummy!

You can just TELL that bird is feeling fancy! Love it!

Edited to add… I’m running late with the folklife archive challenge, but it is well underway. Working lots of long shifts; not much crafting time!

4 Likes

I love everything about this! But, I think the little striped legs are my favorite part :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is so wonderful!

1 Like

I did what I set out to do for my UNDER THE BED challenge, but it doesn’t look like anything when seen in a photo. White knots on a twin-sized white bedspread, which is actually cotton batting inside a duvet cover. If and when I do more proper quilting I’ll post that, but I’m happy for now that it is usable as a bedspread and now sitting on the bed instead of under it.

6 Likes

Here’s my response to @calluna’s American Folklife Center Archive challenge. This doll is based on one of the center’s archived photos. The photo was of ballerina Bronislava Nijinska, who played the Hummingbird Princess in the 1921 production of the ballet “The Sleeping Princess”.

The archive was SO cool! I got lost in it for a long time… Flipped through Lewis Carroll’s personal scrapbook, pictures of amazing quilts… everyone should check it out if they get a chance.

9 Likes

That is fabulous @endymion and the archive sounds really interesting

1 Like

I love that doll so much. She is beautiful!

1 Like

Oh no, I just remembered I have an outstanding claim to finish … hats. It may have to get pushed to next week as I have a large sewing commitment this week.

In an effort to share the love, I did not officially claim @endymion’s “sign” prompt, but I did do this prompt anyway!

Not Opes Cross Stitch Sign

6 Likes