Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

Thanks! Full disclosure, the letters are stenciled, with the stencil gaps filled in. :wink: The stencil was at Dollar Tree! If I use it enough, I tell myself, Iโ€™ll develop muscle memory and learn to do the lettering that way!

Yes, a tiny bit of progress on the photo stash: there are 8 full photos in this layout, not including the images within the landslide. I was almost always trying to fit everything to ATC dimensions, so this larger format really is helping the photos look less dominant, when they do show through.

What a good idea! I donโ€™t know why I never thought of using stencils for my lettering. Next time Iโ€™m brave enough to venture into Dollar Tree, Iโ€™ll have to see what they have for alphabet stencils.

And, Iโ€™m glad youโ€™re able to work through the photo stash! How large is that page?

Itโ€™s about 9x12". It started with two book pages as the base, but then things kept getting tacked on to the edges and it grew.
Dollar Tree also had rub-on letters, so I treated myself to a couple packs in fonts I liked. My only craft supply purchase since early March! :astonished: But even though I still have plenty of stuff to work with, the itch for fancy little extras is setting in.

1 Like

I finished the challenge @calluna set, make something outdoors.

First I gathered my supplies in the shade, because itโ€™s hot outside and also I didnโ€™t want to burn to a crisp in the sun.

Thereโ€™s a bowl, a bucket of rocks and sand, a bigger rock from the garden, a net of glass beads and some glass sealife. Oh, and water :slight_smile:

I think it turned out all right. The big rock sticks up from the surface to make sure thirsty critters can climb up and wonโ€™t drown.

Not the prettiest part of the garden, but a bit more :honeybee: friendly now.

3 Likes

Thatโ€™s so smart! Thank you for looking out for the thirsty little guys!

1 Like

I didnโ€™t forget, but I did get sidetracked with many things. Very overdue, this is something I made for @craftADDchickโ€™s paper bag prompt. Here is the bag -

Which, with some glue and staples, became a little journal!

Ready to fill with drawings and paint -

And, I also finished @megwellโ€™s challenge drama -

7 Likes

For obvious reasons, Iโ€™m partial to the llama, but that journal is so clever. Love the buckle (clasp? the intricate bit on the front.)

3 Likes

Thanks! I thought it was a fun way to recycle one of the handles.

1 Like

Wow, both great projects!

1 Like

I like that you kept the other handle too!

1 Like

My response to @Annchenโ€™s wallpaper challenge:

I made this for @kittykill in the Common Grounds swap. It is lined with dollhouse wallpaper.

4 Likes

That is so cute!!

I finished my join the dark side piece:
20200705_185403

More details here, if you arenโ€™t already horrified: 101 Dalmatians Altered Coloring Page

3 Likes

Here is what I did for the TEA challenge:

These are all on the back sides of other completed art journal spreads, so none will be facing each other when bound into a book. Iโ€™ll add more tea bag tags and notes as I find them.

6 Likes

Ooh, I love those!

Very nice @calluna

Cute!

They turned out great!

Question: I completed a project that matches the newest prompt, but the match is entirely coincidental. I finished the thing and then saw the prompt. Is it poor form to claim a prompt when Iโ€™ve already completed the project โ€“ does that violate the spirit of the craftalong?

If the prompt has been sitting for a while itโ€™s fair game I think. Someone might be more inspired by the prompt you give tgan the one up now, so why not? Itโ€™s just for a bit of fun so do what feels right for you!