Charger of many colors

The plastic coating on my phone charger started splitting. Being a crafty sort (obviously), as well as a cheapskate, I decided to wrap the cord rather than buying a new one. I used embroidery floss from my stash.

16 Likes

Cute! I also love that youโ€™ll know exactly what cord youโ€™re reaching for when you need it. Not confusing it with the 1,000 other plain white cords we all have around.

3 Likes

Rainbow power!

2 Likes

Lol! Thanks, guys!

1 Like

What a fun and colorful way to save the cord!

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

It turned out pretty, and I like your title. Dolly!

1 Like

Great save! Way to get more life out of that charger! And also clearly mark which one is yours.

1 Like

Thrifty and crafty and pretty! A great combination! And it was probably easy and mindless to create (although it does look like it took FOREVER to wrap). Great project.

1 Like

Thanks, guys!

Yes, easy and mindless is just the thing, sometimes.

It looks really nice, and it reminds me of the hair wraps we all had in the 90s.

1 Like

Thanks!

Lol! It DOES look like those wraps!! :grin:

1 Like

Iโ€™ve been wanting to do this with my headphonesโ€ฆ do you use glue when wrapping so itโ€™ll stay in place? Inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like

I used a little E6000 on the ends. Also. In this case to fill up the boxy shapes on the ends, I used hot glue. It made it easier to wrap on the ends. No glue down the length.

1 Like

Oh wow, thank you! Iโ€™m adding this to my 50 projects list and see if I get to it this year. :sweat_smile:

1 Like