Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Melt together over low heat so the mixture isn’t overly hot and doesn’t cook the eggs when blending it all together.

• 1/2 c. butter
  • 1+1/2 c. Hershey’s milk chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, whip together

• 3 eggs
  • 1 + 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 c. oil

If the chocolate mixture is too hot, temper with 1/2 c. Heavy cream. Else, blend the 1/2 c. cream with the eggs, then add the chocolate mixture.

In a bowl, sift together, then blend with the liquid part.

• 2 + 1/2 c. flour
  • 1/2 c. Hershey’s 100% cacao cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp. Baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp Baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt

Then fold in 2 c. grated zucchini.

Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan, and bake at 350 for 40-48 minutes (I think it was that long…:scream_cat: …I forgot to solve for the cooking time). (Went back and looked at the recipe I modified and she has written 325 for 45 minutes. So I bet that time would work for this).

Modified this recipe from a friend on my imgur craft group. I was really hoping for a fudgy brownie, but meh, didn’t turn out that way. I think I really needed one more egg, 1/2 cup more chocolate chips, and 1/4 cup more of oil/butter. Pppp! Doesn’t matter, really, this is a really good chocolate cake…Really really good. :smiley: I give it an A++.

Optional: I’d add some dark black coffee to this, if I was allowed to, heh. Probably a teaspoon of instant coffee blended in with the chocolate mixture.

10 Likes

Looks yummy!

Yeah, I’d eat half of that without even blinking. It looks soo good! :grinning:

2 Likes

It looks delicious!

It looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Oooo! Yummy! Just in time for zucchini season, too!

1 Like

update:

Put it in the fridge and oh my word. The best description I can think of for it, a chocolate bar cake. oof! it is so darn good…and I’m not a big chocolate eater, :triumph:.

Another thing that struck me. A few years back my mom had given me a chocolate & lemon fruitcake. I bet this would be just as good as that was if made in the same way.

Your carefully angled photo makes me want to bite the screen.:smile: I have to stop looking now. Zucchini bread has become very popular too, hasn’t it? Thanks for sharing.

Hmm! :thinking:

Been using another recipe as the breads rise a lot better…The spiced ones are pretty good, but the chocolate one…Meh, not as good as the first one…I wonder why. O_o.

(makes two loaves)

Sift together

4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1+1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. hershey’s cocoa powder

Mix well together

4 eggs
3 c. sugar (I believe I cut out about 2/3’s of a cup)
1 Tbls. Vanilla (I ran out making the other four. So this one doesn’t have but half a teaspoon, :no_mouth:)
1+1/4 c. sunflower oil

Melt together (not letting them get too hot)

1/2 c. butter
11.5 oz bag of Hershey’s milk chocolate chips.

Mix chocolate and egg/sugar mixture together. spoon stir in the flour, then stir in

4 c. shredded zucchini

bake for 50-65 minutes at 350.

For spiced, leave out the chocolate, add 3/4 cup oil,

Mix in three teaspoons of cinnamon.

Or instead of all cinnamon 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground clove, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.

Anyway, will have to see how it goes after it cools in the fridge tonight.

Edit:

Oh noooo! They weren’t fully cooked…the toothpick lied.

It’s much too late to fix them, too. :cry: Welp, partially a gooey brownie then.