Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Scrappy Embellishments -- Talk Scrappy To Me Challenge Entry

“Choose-Your-Own-Adventure” because I don’t know whether these are tags, tucks, bookmarks, card fronts…

I cut some weird bases from cardstock/packaging offcuts from previous projects and then went about collaging and embellishing with all.the.scraps. Except for the glue and the ink I used to edge the final pieces, I’m 99.9% sure everything is from scrap.

In the end, I really enjoyed this process, even if it put basically zero dent in my paper scraps :laughing:. Thanks for looking!

22 Likes

I love your work!! These are brilliant, the shapes are really nicely composed and interesting, and your scrappy collages have such great colour, and lots of clever and fun little details! I especially like the curvy blue-green one, and the blocky one on the bottom right with its stack of objects.

2 Likes

Thank you! A lot of the objects in that stack had failed multiple auditions for the other pieces, and at some point I just went, “maybe throw them all at this one?” :laughing:

5 Likes

These are so fun! I love the fishy one in the last pic.

2 Likes

These are bizarre in the best way!

4 Likes

Lots of fun! They a cool, offbeat vibe. Love them!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

That’s what I was going for, so I’m glad they read that way and not just “Yikes!” :laughing:

4 Likes

They all have so much visual interest! I love them :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

These just look so joyful! I bet this was a really fun process.

2 Likes

It was, except when it wasn’t :laughing:. But that was user error…

1 Like

:rainbow: :comet: :rocket: Your project is out of this world! That’s why it is one of this week’s Featured Projects! CONGRATS! :rocket: :comet: :rainbow:

2 Likes

Whoop whoop! Thank you!

2 Likes