Christmas Craftalong

My kiddo noticed what I’ve been working on for the past few days and after I explained the cross stitch was a gift he said that I “know how to make the best gifts for people”. He’s a sweetie.

15 Likes

They are cute aren’t they? I have made two amis for my husband and my son asked what character I was going to make for him next? At least I know HE appreciates them. :laughing:

7 Likes

Working on hat #3. Same pattern as # 1 but doing some color switching to stretch my yarn. It’s the first time I’m knitting with two colors! :flushed:

13 Likes

Very nice! I am going to start another one as well…stress is causing me to want something fast and easy to do with my hands instead of eating chips! lol

4 Likes

I did a holiday card and recipe exchange on FB…only had to make seven, so no stress…

I also finished a gift that I thought would never get done! lol Sending it off tomorrow, in time for Christmas!

12 Likes

Omg I’m sooo curious about that pizza box!

2 Likes

lol I hope the mail carrier does not think it is a pizza! It was the only box I had to fit what I made! lol

5 Likes

Beautiful!
Also like the seed stitch one— that’s a hard stitch for me (all that back & forth)

3 Likes

It is a slow one that’s for sure, but I love the way it looks!

1 Like

I’m getting nowhere fast on these dang socks, but check out this free pattern blog post that I found when I should have been knitting… I’m in love! (I do not know how to embroider, but for this I think I’d learn!) I think it would be so cool to have a blank chain of some number and every year embellish another link with something meaningful from the year. Like, for me, having a blank chain of 18 then doing it to give to the Kidlet on her 18th or something. I’ll go wander around that rabbit warren for a while, Kidlet was up at 4:30 with a cold so my eyes, which have also been up since then, are junk for knitting that sock yarn tonight. Bah, humbug! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Love it. I will start one.

2 Likes

3 down! Pretty sure Rose is stealing this one lol.

Used every bit of the multicolored blue yarn.

16 Likes

@AIMR - is this the type of hat you recommended?

2 Likes

Yes!! I also love these two, especially the second one…it combines the shape and the colors I like for kids, and, also adults!

Scrappy

Scrappy 2

3 Likes

I love Scrappy 2! I had one that was all soft pink and it vanished. Sad.
Oh!!! I HAVE SOFT PINK YARN UPSTAIRS! But I have to finish Chrismukkah projects first.
I think I’d like to put cables in mine. I love cables in knitted projects so much. Originally the yarn was going to be a soft pillow but now it might be a hat.

2 Likes

I think that shape really would work well for cables!

1 Like

Ugh. We have been sick in our house all week. Finally getting back to knitting…hat #4 in the works…

14 Likes

Sorry about the sickness, but nice hat! Love the yarn.

I finally feel like I’m making headway on sock 3:

10 Likes

You all are super fast crafters! Whipping out and working through projects like magic. :sparkles:

4 Likes

Pretty color!
Hope y’all are on the road to recovery—
I am finally bouncing back from the flu

This was a pre-Christmas gift I made for grandbaby Evie:
https://www.ravelry.com/projects/kayrun/caris/slideshow?fullscreen=1&start=117051540

Here’s the project page w a modeled pic
https://www.ravelry.com/projects/kayrun/caris

I was thrilled that it fit :slight_smile:

3 Likes