Christmas Craftalong

French seams are my jam. So I feel you, sister. Those little bags are way cute, and nice job on color coordination!

PS… curious about the naughty ornament…:wink:

3 Likes

Finished a pile of easy Christmas gifts today. 7 tea towels for my mom, MIL, SILs and friends.

8 Likes

These are soooo pretty!! I’m sure they’ll love them. All of them are my favourite.

2 Likes

Agreed- all faves!

I finally FINALLY started a WiP for a Christmas gift. A(n allegedly quick) hat for the hubs.hopefully this is the start of me getting on a roll!

4 Likes

Love the fox sentiment.

1 Like

I’m still around… Just busy with work. I made this hoop for my Secret Santa at work. She likes Christian inspirational quotes so I went with my grandfather’s favorite hymn. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I love it! The stitches are so tiny it looks exactly like it was handwritten.

3 Likes

My DIL and I made some ornaments for some of the grandparents in our family: the names of all the grandchildren.

And I learned that make-a-tiny-bow-with-a-fork thing.

8 Likes

Decided to stitch up a small hoop from a magazine craft kit to add to my Christmas display (I’m really just procrastinating starting on my big Christmas project… :grimacing:)

18 Likes

Ohhhh this one is lovely :heart:

2 Likes

I love this! So pretty!

1 Like

The hoop kit came with an issue of Love Embroidery (Issue 6). It’s printed in the UK but my mom picked it up at her local Barnes and Noble bookstore here in the US.

We always buy a bunch of holiday issues of craft magazines for the craft kits and holiday craft inspiration :smile:

3 Likes

Oh, that is awesome! I love how the colors really jump off the black background. And then the red hoop really sets it off, too. Nicely stitched!!!

2 Likes

I came across that magazine a while back in Germany, but I haven’t found it in the Netherlands yet. Looked nice! I also always make sure to buy holiday issues. They just make me very happy.

I have done some Christmas crafting this week but not much, I’ll show you when I’m done!

2 Likes

I love it on the dark fabric! And I feel ya on the procrastination thing. Lol!

2 Likes

Soap making for Christmas gifts! Made the first batch a while ago and didn’t get around to making the rest. The second mold is a candy mold my friend gave me. Not sure if it will work, but I know my MIL likes this sort of thing.

I think I’m baking a cake today too. My late grandmother used to make a specific ginger flavoured cake that everyone loved and you can make it weeks ahead. I’m sending a gift parcel to my mother and brother this week and the cake will be a nice extra for Christmas day (they live in the same town and will spend Christmas together). I have also included the Autumn colours socks F&T 2020 Q4 Contest Entry for my mum and will throw in a couple of soaps too. Apparantly my brother has a girlfriend that no one has met yet so I hope she likes soap and ginger cake…

3 Likes

The soap worked out well!

Here they are in a fancy re-used giftbag.

10 Likes

A memory throw pillow and kindle case from my aunt’s shirt, for my dad. She passed a couple years ago, and he wanted something to remember her by.

And a TON of Christmas presents in the form of soy candles with with upcycled Oui yogurt jars. I even wrote up a tutorial for the candles.

9 Likes

I ditched up a couple of ornaments for a friend this weekend.

:slight_smile:

11 Likes

The soaps are very pretty, @Immaculata! Love the sparkly gift bag, too.

I love the memory pillow, @MistressJennie. Those candles look like a huge project! They look very pretty and I’m sure they smell heavenly.

@Bajita, the nativity ornaments look great! I have something similar pinned in my Pinterest, but haven’t gotten around to making them. Yours are very pretty.

I made an ornament out of an old family picture. It was a bit harder than I’d anticipated, but I like how it turned out. Was planning to make several, but may put it off because of the thought and time it required. The name of the ancestor is on the back.

The bagpipes are bugle beads of various lengths.

12 Likes