Autumn colours socks F&T 2020 Q4 Contest Entry

These socks didn’t quite end up the way I wanted, but I knitted them for this contest so I’ll submit them anyway.

The yarn is Stoff & Stil Steady in the colour Multi. I bought 1 50 gr ball and I figured that since long socks in my size require 30 gr of sock yarn each and ankle socks are 20 gr each, 50 gr would be enough for 2 short socks. Well, that’s not how it works, I ran out of yarn. Luckily I had a leftover bit of yarn that just about matched (I think from Aldi’s) . When I was nearly finished I found out that I made a counting mistake and that the solid coloured part starts a few rows earlier in one sock than in the other.

This is was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my mother but I’m thinking about keeping them for myself and knitting a new pair for her. I’m pretty sure she won’t mind, she’s my mum, she likes everything I make for her, but I feel I can do better. They are warm and comfortable though and that’s the most important part.

13 Likes

these are darling!

1 Like

I love these!! Would never know your troubles. They look fantastic!

2 Likes

I’ve decided to give them to my mum! I’m sure I’m the only person who will notice that small counting mistake. And those tiny mistakes are the charm of handmade gifts.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

They’re gorgeous! Hand-knit socks are the best, and these look so cozy.

1 Like

I think it’s good that you’re going to go ahead and give them to your mom. Not that you couldn’t make another pair for yourself, too! I think they turned out really nice and the colors do give an autumn feel.

1 Like