Christmas Painted Sign

I found a huge roll of removable vinyl “wallpaper” at Goodwill for $4, and a bag of three 7"x11" wood plaques, a d decided to see how feasible using my Cameo to make stencils was. (Just using vinyl would probably be easier, but the colors are more limited.) So I worked up this sign using the deer I drew for my Christmas tree skirt. The green bits of flourish are a cut file from another artist, and the font is a free one from DaFont. I fretted over the layout, and the more fiddly bits of text and flourishes bled more than I would have liked, but a little touchup here or there and overall, I think the technique, a d the design, worked great. I LOVE my new little sign. Next, one for Halloween!

20 Likes

That’s really cute! I love the font you chose.

1 Like

Sweet!

1 Like

I love it, it came out great! The font choice is nice and classic and your deer are so cute.

2 Likes

Really really cute!

1 Like

So cute! I love the non-traditional Christmas colors.

1 Like

Thanks! The colors harken back to 1950s Shiny Brite colors, to match my vintage ornament collection, and the retro tree skirt I made last year.

1 Like

That is adorable! I can totally see the Shiny Brite in it.

1 Like

@witchery @wittychild

Thanks! I looked it up, and just in case you’re interested, the font is called Brighton Spring.

2 Likes

that is so great! Can’t wait to see the Halloween one!

1 Like

Adorable, cheery, AND romantic!

1 Like

This is so sweet and I love the colors. I bet your tree skirt is fantastic too.

2 Likes

:rainbow: Congratulations! Your great craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

1 Like

Thanks!

Honestly, the tree skirt is one of my favorite creations of all time.

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/retro-christmas-tree-skirt/9723/14?u=lothruin

1 Like

I remember it now! Its adorable.

2 Likes