Christmas swap?

How much interest is there in a Christmas swap? I am not sure I am up for a 12 Days of Christmas swap unless maybe we simplify it and make it worth less points over all. But normally the 12 days swap starts around now so I figured we should talk about it.

Any ideas?
So far my ideas are:

12 Days = 12 smalls
or
a smaller amount of days. Maybe like 8 days? with 2 mediums and 6 smalls
or
make your partner 1 large/super large item

thoughts?

Also, if anyone else wants to host the normal 12 days, feel free! I can help you out if you have questions.

5 Likes

I love the Christmas swap, but I like the idea of making it smaller this year. I think I’d lean towards 12 days 12 smalls. Smalls are super easy to create, and there can still be the purchased aspect, too.

4 Likes

I like the idea of there being at least 1 medium. I think it would made for a better gallery and I’d like to push myself a but.

2 Likes

so maybe like 2 mediums and 10 smalls? instead of the 2 large, 4 medium, 6 smalls like its been in the past?

4 Likes

That seems reasonable.

1 Like

To me, that still seems like a lot to ship, but that’s just me. Let others chime in. I am sure I will be willing to do whatever.
I like 2 mediums and 6 smalls more. You know no one really does a small-small. Ha!

1 Like

We could give the 2 options. 2 mediums and 10 smalls or 2 mediums and 6 smalls. And match accordingly.

Of course it all depends on how many sign up, etc. and some would probably be ok with either option.

Shipping is just insane lately. Even domestic shipping has really increased

It could also be
2 mediums, 10 small

Or
2 medium and 4 smalls.

2 Likes

Love this idea! And I am itching to do some Christmas crafting lately. Maybe its all the super hot weather. *That sounded sarcastic, but it wasn’t. I am completely thinking Christmas lately.

1 Like

I get that feeling, too. I think I actually feel cooler when I work on a Christmas craft or read a novel set in winter. :laughing:

2 Likes

What about a Christmas version of the fill a flat rate box swap? With a minimum number of items or something. That way, everybody knows what to expect in terms of shipping.

2 Likes

that wouldn’t really work for the international people although the US people can definitely use flat rate boxes and I will try to give some guidelines when posting the swap

2 Likes

I will work on setting up the swap sometimes this week so keep any ideas coming.

2 Likes

People could do what @Magpie has been doing, too, with making flatter items that can ship in envelope-style packing rather than bulky boxes. Especially if extras are a decision made at the partner level, maybe? Or does that go against the feel of the swap?

1 Like

because of the size of the swap I think people will have to choose their own shipping options. like if you choose to make 2 mediums and 10 smalls, you aren’t going to be able to mail that in a flat envelope.

I think giving people the option of either 2 mediums, 10 small Or 2 medium and 4 smalls will help people chose what they can handle time-wise, money-wise, etc.

This swap has always been a huge commitment. I was just wanting to offer people a little flexibility without making it a huge effort to manage.
And of course there can always be smaller Christmas swaps later in the year I think a small flat envelope Christmas swap would be cool as a separate swap.

4 Likes

I love this size! I think that’s the perfect amount of mediums, especially if there is a long crafting time. I like the addition of smalls but think a package of ALL smalls wouldn’t be as fun to open/receive.

4 Likes

I’ve posted the 12 Days swap

2 Likes

I like the idea. I’m okay with making it smaller.

Did you notice it’s open for sign ups?

No, thanks for telling me.