Chunky stripey sweater

I wasn’t intending on buying yarn when I went to Joann’s that day. But I saw this red & cream chunky fisherman wool and all of a sudden, I was buying yarn. It’s not actually fisherman wool, but it looks like the kind of thing a fisherman would wear. It’s Lion Brand chunky wool-ease, so it’s like a 30-70 wool-acrylic blend. I used a pattern from the Yarn Girls’ Guide to Simple Knits. This is like the fourth thing I’ve ever knit, so I still consider myself a novice.

Why am I leaning sideways? I don’t know.

24 Likes

It looks great! Good fit, too- well done! I like the wool ease, it’s friendly to work with.

2 Likes

Cute sweater!

2 Likes

WOW! This is one heckuva beginner project! Very nice.

“Does this sweater make me look leany?”

3 Likes

It’s wonderful!

2 Likes

By far one of my favorite knit projects ever!

2 Likes

This looks great! Nicely done, and it looks fantastic on you!!

2 Likes

As I have said before. I have the greatest respect for anyone making clothes. I would never have guess with was your fourth project. Looks fantastic. I love the look of the yarn too, the way the white is speckled in the red.

3 Likes

AH! So awesome!! I want to knit a sweater, and am definitely a novice. Your 4th knitted item?! Inspiring! :star_struck:

2 Likes

It looks great!

1 Like

That’s a great sweater!

1 Like

Awesome job! You look so cozy in it. :heart:

1 Like

This is beautiful! I love the stripes!

1 Like

:rofl:
Leaning or not, you look great!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

Turns out this sweater is only for the coldest of days, so I guess it won’t get any more wear until later this year!

1 Like

Wow! It looks great on you

1 Like

:fireworks: Hot dog! :hotdog: Your super cool project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fireworks:

1 Like

So great @grenouille78 :smiley: I always admire knitters - I don’t know how to do it myself. It looks SOOO cozy!

1 Like

Oh, thanks! Sorry I missed it earlier. Computer problems, but I’m back in business now!

Thanks @PrincessP! I resisted knitting for a long time and finally began teaching myself just a few years ago. I have to look up how to cast on every time because I can never remember!

2 Likes

Amazing!! I have knit for decades I rarely finish a sweater for me!! Great job!