Cicada Fairy Wings

Were redoing a lot of my kid’s fairy costume for ren faire this year. When we designed his first costume, he was 15. He does not have a 15 year old body anymore, so we are making a new jacket, got new pants and shirts, and I designed new wings. The iris petals are really the only thing we kept. Full costume soon, but I could not wait to share the wings, which I think came out amazing.

19 Likes

They’re gorgeous!
How did you make them? Is that a wood frame with irridescent cellophane?

1 Like

These are gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the all new 'fit!

1 Like

Very pretty. Love the colors. I too, csnt wait for the rest of the outfit.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, they definitely ARE amazing! Looking forward to seeing the whole ensemble.

1 Like

It is three layers of heavy cardstock that I cut with my Cameo then dyed with alcohol ink, sandwiched between a layer of Thermoweb Iron on Vinyl, and a layer of iridescent cellophane backed with the same iron on vinyl and heated with the heat press. There is also a structure of aluminum and floral wire fitted between the layers of paper.

2 Likes

GORGEOUS! So pretty! What a labor of love that turned out amazing.

1 Like

Those are glorious!

1 Like

I love the iridescence! You did an amazing job on these, I can’t wait to see the rest of the costume!

1 Like

These are insanely beautiful! :two_hearts: I never knew how much I needed cicada wings in my life! :laughing: Thanks for the design info. You did a wonderful job. I can’t wait to see the rest of the outfit.

1 Like

These are stunning!! I love ren faire costumes and I can’t wait to see this one!!

1 Like

WOW! These are wild! I’m with everyone else…can’t wait to see it all together.

2 Likes

Congrats! These cicada fairy wings are a featured project this week! You rock!

1 Like