CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

That’s a beautiful tribute to your grandmother!

1 Like

I love the colors and patterns in your shawl…lovely job…

And, the bowling shirt pillow is a great idea…my mother was a professional bowler and I still have some of her shirts…

2 Likes

Oh, I love your pillow, @coryjo!

Autumn is a busy time around here, so I can’t say that I’ve necessarily been in a slump just because I haven’t been getting as much crafting accomplished. I have been plugging away though and have added two more projects to my Completed List!

10 Likes

That piranha is great! Love it!

1 Like

I love the Hotel for Bees shawl!

The piranha is so creepy it’s cute!

I have a project I can’t share until it’s received and another 2 that are waiting on pictures, but here’s a couple of my latest finished projects.

A hat crocheted from my handspun yarn for my nephew’s birthday:

And a scarf made from some stashed fabric and a section of fleece leftover from the Hobbes stuffies. This is so comfy! Warm but not bulky. Pattern. Wore it to the zoo the other day.

8 Likes

I am really digging that little hat, @tendstowardschaos! The size of the yarn with the stitch size (? I don’t know knitting or crochet terms!) is really just-right with the simplicity of those two red stripes.

1 Like

Thank you! It’s a bulky yarn and a big hook - it works up quickly. It’s a ribbing stitch, so it’s also very stretchy. I’m working on another one in cream/green for his brother…trying to put my handspun yarn to good use and keep my friends and family warm this Winter. :smile:

1 Like

I spun up this hand-painted BFL from Greenwood Fiberworks. It’s about 200 yards of aran weight. And it is SO SQUISHY! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

I made hats for my nieces’ and nephews’ birthdays.

11 Likes

Those are really nice!

1 Like

Thanks! They were a big hit!

I tend to forget to post a lot of things I make. My list says I’m close to 30 but I’m sure there are more. I need to find & post them! Never thought I’d manage to make 50 but I hadn’t expected this crazy year.

2 Likes

I finished up my first Hobbes.

17 Likes

He turned out so good!

2 Likes

Oh I :heart: him!!

1 Like

Hobbes turned out so great!!! And it seems like you are on schedule for getting the two done!

1 Like

Thank you! No rush on the second one. He’s for me, or, in all likelihood, will be stolen by one of my children and loved to death. :smile:

3 Likes

omg LOVE!!! so cute!!!

1 Like

I spun up about 7.25 oz of Merino wool in mid-October colors. The thread is here.

17 Likes

That colorway is GORGEOUS, @tendstowardschaos!

I have a few projects underway, but haven’t finished much in awhile and I think that is contributing to my general sense of unease (along with the dumpster fire that is reality these days). BUT today I did get a whole bunch of xmas gifts wrapped up! Could I b e working on more timely tasks and chores? Sure, but that’s not what I did!

4 Likes