CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2020

**Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch- Holyhead Harpies
**House: Hufflepuff
**Project Name & Page Link: Slice of Lime
**Brief Description: I’m still going through Skillshare classes and playing around on Procreate. This was today’s picture! It fits the prompt because it is very, very green.
**Project Picture:

4 Likes

It’s a lovely shade of green! I actually have lime juice in my glass of water currently. :green_heart:

Everyone has such amazing projects! All of those amazing canned goods❤️

Since I moved to Los Angeles I have not been able to do a lot of crafting or art. We are still unpacking boxes! If anyone wants some beading supplies I’m more than happy to send a random package in the mail.

My cancer has progressed to the point where I can’t feel my right foot anymore. I’ve started chemo therapy again. It makes me so tired!

I get so much joy from seeing all of your projects! Hopefully I’ll be able to join in again soon.

3 Likes

I’m so glad to see you here @ErinAquaheart! I’m sorry to hear you’re on chemo again. That must be so hard. I hope you’re at least liking your new home. Be sure to say hi to Technicolor for all of us. :green_heart:

Good to see you, Erin!

Ugh. Cancer Sucks! I have the owl paintings you made for my girls hanging in their room and I think of you often…hang in there!

1 Like

Good luck @ErinAquaheart, I hope chemo works and that the move will work out great.

1 Like

I’ve been on a roll in the kitchen, there is a lot of fun things I can make and I’m so not done.

Class or Challenge Title: Book club
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Bounty bars
Brief Description: They were really yummy, and quite easy to make and cover in chocolate.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
Project Name & Page Link: Chocolate salami
Brief Description: I’m sure all witches and wizards would love this trick, a tricky salami XD The only thing I would have done differently is adding more dried cranberries as it was just TOO sweet for my taste.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Marry me chicken and broccoli
Brief Description: Filling the prompt of something white or green by using white meat and green vegetable. I had the broccoli and needed to use it so I added it to the dish, thought it was really nice.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Peaches
Project Name & Page Link: Peach rolls
Brief Description: I love peaches, and I was really excited when I found this recipe. It didn’t work out as perfect as I could have hoped, there was so much juice at the bottom of the pan, but it was still quite yummy. We covered half in caramel sauce and the other half in cream cheese frosting, personally I liked a combination of those two.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Post workout energy bars
Brief Description: I like exercising with my neighbours dogs, but I’m often hungry after, and these bars were easy enough to make and has worked for me at least.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch #1 Sumbawanga Sunrays
Project Name & Page Link: Orange marmalade muffin
Brief Description: I’ve got a lot of orange marmalade, and because I don’t love the taste I knew that the only way for me to use it is to use it in something. I really like how these turned out.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

That all looks SO GOOOOOOD! :green_heart: :black_heart: :snake:

Oh my goodness! So many yummy posts!!
Go Hogwarts crew!

Those peach rolls look and sound amazing!!

Hey all! In case you haven’t seen there are a bunch of new swaps open right now!

2 Likes

Yeah I just signed up for the vintage Halloween swap earlier this week. :smile:

1 Like

**class:**arithmancy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: face masks
Brief Description: seems the new trend is facemasks, even though it’s not mandatory here yet, so I’ve been making some to match upcoming seasons
Project facemasks, pattern was drafted from a few until I finally found one k liked.

Class:
**House:**Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: charms
Brief Description: a new white mattress cover
Project replaced the plasticky cover on my nieces mattress, she certainly didn’t need it, but I just finally got the time to do it now.

I’ve been making a lot of happy mail to send off, which has been really nice! (Probably not big enough crafts to fit our requirements to post).

I’m looking forward to joining a few swaps on here, so I’ll have more to post :slight_smile:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Barnton
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Strawberry Jam Crumble Bars
Brief Description: This recipe used up the last of my Strawberry Elderflower Jam from last season. I didn’t have any fresh strawberries, so I threw in some blueberries instead. I went with this particular recipe because it included less butter and sugar than many of the others, and added in some rolled oats.
Project Picture:

1 Like

That looks delicious!

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Barnton
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Doll Dresses
Brief Description: Do you ever have those strange scraps in your stash that are just taunting you to use up even though there’s nothing particular that they would be useful for? This one had an oversized print, but I went ahead and made some doll dresses out of it anyway to see how they would look, and I kind of like them!
IMG_0252 (500x333)

1 Like

class DADA
house Hufflepuff
project name face masks
brief description numerous friends asked for masks, so I made a bunch to give away, but the only pic I have is the ad a friend suggested(I can’t say no, so a friend suggested selling to avoid getting taken advantage of) - I WILL NOT SELL HERE - ignore prices

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Holyhead Harpies - Something green (color or eco-friendly)
House: :lion: Gryffindor :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: Cacti Loaded Tag
Brief Description: I made my first altered tag for a swap and I really love how it turned out. I had just purchased some new papers and one of the pads was succulents and cacti…so I was very happy to see this as one of my swap partners themes. I made the background with watercolours and salt grains - a technique I learnt while completing a Domestika course.
I made the pocket expandable by adding side flaps - a tip I learnt while watching a YouTube Tutorial
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology - Includes green element
House: :heart: Gryffindor :yellow_heart:
Project Name & Page Link: My First Greenhouse
Brief Description: Every year I get more and more into gardening, which I absolutely love! This was the first year I’ve bought a greenhouse. I assembled it in my kitchen because I was going to store it in my laundry, but decided to put it outside.
I planted seeds for: 7 types of tomatoes, 2 types of eggplant, 2 types of chilli, cape gooseberries (which are going to be christmas presents), 3 types of lettuce, snow peas, mustard greens, 5 types of flowers, silverbeet and basil. This project took me most of Sunday, which was a beautiful day in Melbourne (I even got a little sunburnt in Winter!)
Project Picture:

3 Likes