CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2020

Class or Challenge Title: ~Expecto Patronum Challenge~
SPEW or LC Contest: LC
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: face masks! (Batch 1!)
Brief Description: well, I guess I had to start making face masks at some point. I started on some for myself and my husband. They are made of two layers of 100% cotton with pipe cleaners inside for the nose to stay in shape and place.
Project Picture:

Project Name & Page Link: face masks! (Batch 2!)
Brief Description: second batch of face masks, a couple more for me and the rest for my mom. They are made of two layers of 100% cotton with pipe cleaners inside for the nose to stay in shape and place. All the fabric and supplies came from my stash, which is a huge blessing since getting elastic right now is a nightmare.
Project Picture:

Project Name & Page Link: face masks! (Batch 3!)
Brief Description: third batch is for my husband, dad and grandfather. I tried a different pattern which seems to work better on guy faces. The turned out nice! First time pleating! They are two layers of 100% cotton and pipe cleans. All supplies from my stash.
Project Picture:

Project Name & Page Link: face masks! (Batch 4!)
Brief Description: are you tired of face masks? Well too bad!!! My fourth batch, made today. One more for my mom (she liked the blue print) and the rest for my 93 year old grandma. They are made of two layers of 100% cotton with pipe cleaners inside for the nose to stay in shape and place. All supplies from the stash (whew!)
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle studies
Project Name & Page Link: pants and hat set
Brief Description: Thank god for my fabric hoarding tendencies. I have so much cute stretch knit fabric that has been just waiting to be used! So I printed off a pattern for “grow with me” baby harem pants for my new niece. I’m going to put them I a big egg for Easter, during our social distancing egg hunt in the backyard. I still haven’t gotten to hold that sweet baby. Someday!! I do love how they turns out and they were easier than I was expected! Yay! She will be nice and cozy in this set!
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class: SOAR
Project link: Decorating the house

For my ‘sunflower’ challenge over on the Challenge Chain forum I decided that, as we were already home, I’d go big. I was going to do this yesterday, but glad I waited, or these wouldn’t have happened :sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

I used 4 colours - yellow, red and 2 shades of green

4 Likes

@jillybeans wow so many masks, well done. And the fox costume is great.

@fishstix43 I love that scrappy tote, it’s got a really nice balance between the chaos of improv quilting and the clean lines of good design

@GMPNQ the outdoor painting with your kids it’s fabulous. Such a great thing to do, so cheery

Class SOAR
House ravenclaw
Project twelve trees quilt. This is in rows of four blocks and I made it for a dear friend.

7 Likes

Fox in Socks! So cute.

Also @Donna - I somehow missed your Death Star Wall Quilt before - WOW - I LOVE IT!!

It’s FRIDAY and that means

How’s everyone doing? I’ve been kicking around ideas for a new proposal, but haven’t settled on anything

1 Like

My steampunk costume has ground to a halt. It’s actually mostly finished, but the wedding has been postponed to next year. Plus I’ve decided to see if I can get a thrift shop jacket to alter, rather than making one from scratch
 So advanced studies for me are having a hiatus.

1 Like

Wait. what? It’s Friday??
ummmmmm
 passes basket of untouched hat yarn to Harry under his Invisibility Cloak Ooh, look! points in opposite direction A blibbering humdinger!

1 Like

Got 2 or 3 rows done on my shawl this week. Not as much as I would have liked, but I spent a few nights (when I normally crochet while watching tv), updating Pinterest for the Go Bananas Swap with Edel, and cutting more masks for family members and neighbors who have asked for them. And actually, that’s what I’m spending the rest of the day working on. So. Many. Masks. And I need to finish my prayer flag for seeuudee. So much to do!

2 Likes

I should have made this ginormous blanket I’m working on into some kind of advanced study project. I give it hours nearly every day. It is 201 stitches by 201 rows of hdc and then a border. But I didn’t think of that so
 :roll_eyes:
Ah well, at least I’m crafting!

2 Likes

My advanced studies have also taken a back seat. So much other stuff going on. It will all calm down soon, we’ve only got 51Âœ years to catch up on :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Class Title: herbology
**Project Name: mickey mouse dress
Brief Description: a dress to coordinator the older sisters outfit (I found the outfit while sorting and have a friend whose daughter would love it, but needed something for little sis, I had the shirt and fabric in stash, so voila, outfit for little sis.
Project Picture:

Class Title: Care of Magical Crestures
**Project Name: student supply bags
Brief Description: I am teaching remotely now😱but with it being kindergarten many of my families said they did not want tech all day, and neither do I, so I whipped up 17 draw string bags to carry their supplies and rubbermaid box and filled it with everything they would need for April, no plastic bags to the landfill and the kids have a place to keep everything.
Project Picture: sorry for the bad pic, almost forgot to take one, so this is all loaded up ready to deliver.

2 Likes

Thank you @Abbeeroad and @Edel. It’s from the “Scrappy Market Tote” class on Bluprint, so you can check out the pattern while they’re still having the free month or whatever, if you want.

Also, Hufflepuffs are coming out HOT the last few days! :muscle: Keep it up!

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Homegrown Alfalfa Sprouts
Brief Description: For my first entry into the HP Craftalong (Hi everyone :wave:) I wanted to share with you some alfalfa sprouts that I have grown this week. I used 2 tbsp of seeds to begin with, and by the end I needed to split up the sprouts because they were growing so prolifically! :smiley:
You need to soak the seeds overnight and then after that, rinse and drain twice every 8 hours or so - I ended up doing it morning and night. From the 3rd day you need to place them in the sunshine to allow them to green up, but you have to be sure to not let them dry out. They will store in the fridge for around 5 days.
They are delicious!!
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Japanese Rice Bag on LC - Link to Purchased Pattern
Brief Description: A perfect pouch to save time by keeping my cottons organised :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I came across this pattern on Instagram and I fell in love. I wanted to use up some of my scrap fabrics. It was pretty straight forward to construct and I’m really happy with how it turned out. I even liked playing around with including some hand embroidery wherever it took my fancy :innocent:
Now I’m going to need to make another to store my cool coloured Perle 8 cottons.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: HOLIDAYS - Make your own holiday
Project Name & Page Link: Rainbow Bunting
Brief Description: Lifting the neighbourhood spirits. I don’t have any kids of my own, but that doesn’t mean that I couldn’t get in on the rainbow action for people walking around :relaxed:
Project Picture:

1 Like

Note from the Headmistress

I have added another challenge prompt, due to our current pandemic. You may complete the challenge 10 times. If anyone has posted masks already, under alternate prompts such as Detention-Stash, you are welcome to switch the challenge subject to this one, thereby freeing up those other challenges for future crafting if you wish. I will do a points tally on Wednesday, so you have until then to edit any of your posts.

If you are crafting large scale for a local hospital and somehow fill all 10 slots for this challenge, please let me know, and I can adjust the limit if need be.

Also please let me know if the bonus points rules make sense, or if you require clarification.
xoxox

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
Project Name & Page Link: Bunny Doll Dress
Brief Description: In some parts of the world there’s a rabbit in the moon instead of a man. This silvery gray doll dress has some hidden rabbits hopping around the skirt.
Hufflepuff Easter Egg Hunt Entry

1 Like

Awesome! Edited mine! I have more to make tomorrow and another set to post still.

Yay! Welcome @PrincessP! Nice to see another Gryffindor join the ranks!

Class or Challenge Title: expecto patronum challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Face masks 5
Brief Description: another set of face masks for a couple friends in need. They are 100% cotton with a pipecleaner on the nose to keep its shape.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Hufflepuff egg hunt
SPEW or LC Contest:
Project Name & Page Link: bunny rolls!
Brief Description: So yesterday I decided I wanted homemade rolls to go with Easter dinner. BUT I also wanted them to be bunnies! They turned out so good and they were very tasty!
Recipe here: https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/1073075053/easter-bunny-shaped-rolls/
Project Picture:
Uploading: 467797C2-FDB7-4869-957C-13B353EBA455.jpeg
 Uploading: 2703BDB7-31E2-4A99-AA31-2DA9924EED8C.jpeg

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
SPEW or LC Contest:
Project Name & Page Link: Camping patterned hat and pants
Brief Description: my niece was in the NICU for a long time. Now they are home and in isolation, but with everything being closed and the baby growing, she was in need of some baby clothes! So I made this cute hat and pants set for her. They are made of stretch knit that I bought in the fall last year with the intention of doing something cute for her.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: WIP challenge
SPEW or LC Contest:
Project Name & Page Link: Cute baby pants and headband
Brief Description: I bought this fabric for my youngest to make her a cute hand and and matching pants. Well, I got the headband done but never made the pants. So, I made a set of pants to finish the set and gave them to my niece for Easter Today. They are made of stretch knit.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: apparition
SPEW or LC Contest:
Project Name & Page Link: Cinnamon rolls
Brief Description: I’ve made the same cinnamon rolls a bunch of times. But last time I made them ahead and froze them and they just didn’t work. I was so disappointed! I tried them again, learning from my mistake and no making ahead of time and freezing and they worked out splendidly. I also found that I needed a higher oven temp and a longer cook time. They are out perfect and we’re absolutely delicious!
Recipe: https://thestayathomechef.com/best-homemade-cinnamon-rolls-ever/
Project Picture:

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted

Remember, you always have until the end of the day that a new challenge is posted, to post the previous challenge.