Modern Japanese Rice Bag

I first came across this pattern on Instagram by @kzstevens and I fell in love - so I bought it right away :smiley:
I dove into my scrap fabrics to find the perfect combo and I really enjoyed piecing the fabric together to make the outer piece.
The construction was relatively straight forward and the free-hand embroidery was lots of fun, I tried out some new stitches.
I’m really happy with the final product :relaxed: I can’t wait to make another!

Link to the pattern

23 Likes

Oooooo - this is a really cool storage bag idea! I’ll have to go look it up!

I’ve just added a link to the pattern :smiley: Sorry, should have done it sooner!

Oh, that’s adorable! Love your fabrics. The little bunny is a nice touch.

1 Like

This is a beautiful bag, I’ve never seen anything like it. I love your embroidery too.

1 Like

I love this! Such a cool little bag.

1 Like

Ooooh this design is so pleasing and I love your fabric choices. It looks so well made! It’s beautiful!

1 Like

This is super cool! Very dramatic effect when closed and so spacious when open!

1 Like

Really nice work.

1 Like

Lovely and interesting bag! Thanks for the link…I love that style of using patchwork in the traditional Japanese way.

1 Like

I love the aesthetics of this bag - it looks so sculptural when closed and I love the bunny button too and fabrics. This would be such an awesome work bag. Thanks for sharing the pattern too!

1 Like

I love the fabric you chose, and the when closed it reminds me of a cool weird seedpod. Love it.

1 Like

This is really beautiful! What a cool design, and you chose wonderful fabrics!

Oh my goodness, this bag is fantastic!!!

I kept coming back to this so I bought the pattern…thanks for the inspiration…I have an old kimono that I am going to chop up instead of leaving it in a box for another 20 years…

I love the pattern, the fabric, colors, and everything INSIDE it, too!! Great work!

I love the unique pattern of this and you chose the perfect fabrics. This is stunning!

WHOA! I love the construction of this, your fabric choice was great too!!

I love the geometry of the bag when it closes, and that little bunny button is perfect! Great fabric coordination, as well. You did a beautiful job all around!

1 Like