CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2020

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum
SPEW or LC Contest: Lettuce Help Our Community
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Two Masks for Dad
Brief Description: Just some basic masks for my dad, made with some old shirts he had given me to salvage for scraps. I could be pretty sure that he would approve of the print given that he’d bought them in the first place.

I wish I could have completed more this term, but at least I got a job, and I took a fork lift course so now I am allowed to drive those, so a lot of things has happened which keeps me away from being creative.

Looking forward to the next term, and the Quidditch rounds :smiley: whatever they will be.

So glad to see all the different things that has been here!

2 Likes

Class: Detention:Repair/Alter
Project Name & Page Link: Repairing a hammock
Brief Description: I repaired a hammock that had ripped badly last year. I was tempted to just sew outdoor fabric over the top. But, instead I did the job well. Along with new fabric, I unstrung the rope ties and put new varnish on the wooden section. I have already spent many happy hours relaxing in it.
Project Picture:

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Making a fuzzy blanket even warmer.
Brief Description: My son loves fuzzy blankets. A new one he received at Christmas had the fake white faux wool. When it went through the dryer though, it half melted and ended up an uncomfortable rough texture. So I took a fuzzy material and covered the back.
Project Picture:

1 Like

class: detention: stash
lc contest: help our community
house: gryffindor
project: neutral masks

my husband starts working from his office instead of home this monday, and needed a mask. I have lots of starwars, and harry potter fabric, but he wanted something professional . I found some black prints and made these for him. The ear straps are made from strips of black knit fabric.

class: detention- repair/alter
project : les miserables t shirt

My daughter didn’t need another basic black t shirt. I bought this one on sale, along with some silver iron on vinyl. I found the image online, and used the cricut to cut it out. Now it’s on of her favorites.

class: divination
project: wicked bookmark

I made this for a swap in another group. The charm is a shrinky dink made from smooth shiny plastic. The knotted cord gets tucked between the pages.

class: HoM
house:gryffindor
project: printed bookmarks
This bookmark uses pink cord for glinda, and green for Elphaba in the musical wicked. The charms were made with printable shrinky dinks. The braided cord came together quickly, so I included a 2nd bookmark also with a printable charm

class: House Unity
project: Ravenclaw suncatcher

This Shrinky dink is about 3 inches. It’s meant to be an ornament or suncatcher. I used colored pencils. as well as bronze marker.

class- muggle studies
house-gryffindor
project- HP mask

I found this Harry potter fabric with a white background in my stash, and decided it would make a fun mask. I ran out of elastic, so the cord is a strip from an old t shirt.

class:herbology
project: colorful masks

My daughter needed masks for work, so I looked into my stash and found some light purple, and darker purple fabric to make them for her.

:zap::heart::owl::steam_locomotive: A note from the Headmistress… :steam_locomotive::owl::heart::zap:
Reminder that the current term closes tonight, May 31st, at Midnight, Central Standard Time. Please have any last minute posts in by then. Our new term will open tomorrow, June 1st, sometime mid-morning or midday. You may have seen that the new thread has been started. Things are still being set up so please don’t post there until after I’ve announced it’s officially ‘Open’ tomorrow morning. :slightly_smiling_face:

I will do a final points tally and announce the winner of this term shortly after.

To some of our new members, like @PrincessP, @RubeusUmbrella, @Donna, @GMPNQ, @Teachergirl, and anyone I may have missed, who might not have been though a new term transition with us before; I thought I’d go over when things can and can’t be posted. One of the rules of the HPC is that ‘items posted must be crafted during that Term’. This has caused a few folks to fret over the years. “I crafted this last week, but I mailed it in a swap, and it hasn’t arrived at it’s new home yet. And now the term will end and I won’t be able to submit it!”

Don’t worry. That’s not the case at all! :slightly_smiling_face: The rule refers to not posting items you made 4 years ago, just to scrounge House Points. If you do have something you made last week, and haven’t gotten around to posting it until next week, no problem. If you had an item that straddled two terms, like a quilt you’ve been working on a for a while, it’s find to post it in the new Term. We really just mean crafts you’ve been working on recently. This is all on the honor system, and I trust you all.

Can’t wait to see what else you all share today. :heart:

5 Likes

Edel - Don’t peek at any of the blurred images! All three are part of your swap package!

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - Ch 9 Midnight Duel
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Double Berry Balsamic & Black Pepper Jam
Brief Description: I’m attempting to do smaller canning projects throughout the summer, rather than one giant marathon session in late August or early September. This was a simple project I flew right through; plus it saves fresh fruit for later, and sets up a future crafting project, when I make holiday gift baskets with all my home canned goodness in December. You can do it in as small a batch as 2 half-pint jars. I doubled the recipe to make it 4 half-pint jars, and mixed my berries. It was 3 containers of blackberries and 2 of raspberries, and done with the recipe on the Ball Classic Pectin jar. I cannot find the recipe on their website. Here’s the ratios for 2 jars, in the low sugar option:
1 1/3 c crushed berries
1 1/2 T Ball classic pectin
1 cup sugar (1 2/3 c for regular sugar option)
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
Project Name & Page Link: Quilt Top #1
Brief Description: One of the ways I’m trying to conserve is by crafting from stash, and really pushing myself to be creative with all the craft supplies I have on hand. This quilt top was made for Edel in the Go Bananas Swap, and it is my effort to use her favorite colors to create a dreamy feeling quilt top for her new nest area. (I’m still waiting for her package to get to her. It’s in Ireland, but not in her hands yet, so I’ve blurred the images, and haven’t given these their own individual posts yet.)
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: DET - WIP
Project Name & Page Link: Prayer Flag
Brief Description: This poor little prayer flag was a WIP for ages. I embroidered the motif with my embroidery machine early on, then it sat around waiting to be embellished for over a month. Thankfully an online crafting session with a few friends gave me the push I needed to finish it with some hand stitching, and some charm embellishments. Some of which were patinaed with Vintaj metal patinas, then sanded to add dimension and texture.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Quilt Top #2
Brief Description: This second quilt top was made when I found a charm pack of fabrics that were a free gift when I bought a quilt kit from Craftsy/Blueprint for a friends wedding a few years ago. After stitching the quilt top above, I decided I wanted to keep going. I had been working in my studio, while watching season 5 of Outlander. A little robin kept landing on my window sill and chirping at me while I worked, so this quilt is inspired by both. The pudgy little red breasted bird, and the feel of Revolutionary Americana.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - May
Project Name & Page Link: Anniversary Card
Brief Description: My husband and I both love going to the zoo. We bought ourselves an annual membership for our Anniversary when we first moved to Nashville, and we try to go a few times a year.
Right now with Covid, that’s not possible. But I wanted to further our geeky interest into animals, so for this anniversary I decided to get him tickets to one of the zoo’s Backstage Events, where you get to get closer to certain animals like the giraffes. Only problem is that you have to buy tickets for a specific date, and we have no idea when the zoo will reopen, and if it will be safe to go even when it does. So instead of getting him actual tickets for our anniversary, I made him a card, and a coupon for him to turn into me, when it is safe to go again. He gets to pick which animal experience we do when it’s safe.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

There have been some amazing projects turned in this term.

I have a project dump, I have been meaning to submit some of these for the last 2 or 3 weeks! But then I always do work better with a tight deadline :wink: And I apologise in advance, I have been on a real baking hit since being in lockdown :smiley:

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
Project Name & Page Link: Choc swirl meringue. Recipe can be found here - http://thefoodfox.com/2019/07/01/chocolate-swirl-individual-pavlovas/
Brief Description: After a few years of thinking about it, I decided to take the plunge and buy a KitchenAid stand mixer. I decided the first thing I had to make was meringue and these chocolate swirl mini pavlovas looked amazing. But I didn’t anticipate the true power of the mixer, so the egg whites foamed far too quickly and the meringues collapsed when cooking. They came out looking like little moons - pale and dark areas and a few craters. They still tasted good though :smiley:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: Sourdough Bread. Recipe can be found here - https://gggiraffe.blogspot.com/2015/03/celias-overnight-sourdough-bread-step.html?m=1
Brief Description: I have just started on the sourdough bread ride and it has been such a journey! The first loaf looked okay when cut into, but was really quite heavy in texture. The second bake didn’t look that different, when cut, but the texture was so much better. Definitely something that requires practice :bread:
Project Picture:
Attempt number one -

Attempt number two -

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
Project Name & Page Link: Almond Croissants. Recipes can be found here -
Pastry dough - http://www.sprinkledwithjules.com/home/2015/8/29/chocolate-croissants
Almond filling - https://bowsessed.com/marzipan-croissants/
Brief Description: This has been on my baking-to-try list for ever, so I finally gave it a go. I made one lot of pastry dough and split it into two and filled one half with marzipan/almond filling and sprinkled them with flaked almonds, which reminds me of a dragon’s scales.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - Chapter 9
Project Name & Page Link: Apple & Cinnamon Cake. Recipe can be found here - https://www.sweetestmenu.com/cinnamon-apple-cake/
Brief Description: I have made this recipe on several occasions, it is fast becoming an absolute favourite and I have perfected it now. It doesn’t look like much, but the flavour is amazing and it is so soft.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name & Page Link: Small batch coconut macaroons. Recipe can be found here - https://onedishkitchen.com/small-batch-coconut-macaroons/
Brief Description: So, how does baking coconut macaroons help the planet, I hear you ask. Well, I hate food waste and I had needed 1 egg yolk for another recipe, so I had one white left over. So I googled “what to do with 1 egg white” and this recipe appeared. It works perfectly, as hubby hates coconut, so as it only makes a few, I didn’t feel too greedy eating them all, again saving food waste.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Tomato & Bell Pepper pasta sauce
Brief Description: We have really reduced how often we food shop, so planning ahead has been key. The supermarket had tomatoes and red bell peppers reduced, as they were on the use by date, and I knew we had onions at home. I don’t really have a recipe, as such, for this pasta sauce, I just use what I have. This time I blackened the skins of 3 red bell peppers, skinned them and cut them into slices. I peeled 8 standard tomatoes (placed in boiling water for a few seconds and then into iced water) and diced them. I finely diced 2 medium onions (one white/one red). I sweated off the onions, added in the tomatoes and pepper, added seasoning to taste (sugar/salt/pepper) and left it simmering for 15 minutes. We had some for dinner that evening and have 3 more meals worth in the freezer, saving time for later.
Project Picture:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Memory Planner Spread
Brief Description: I switched over to a seat-of-the-pants bujo last summer, but I’m slowly going through and filling out the weeks in my decorative planner. It’s a lot more fun to look back at sticker spreads when you’re trying to remember what you did in the past than looking at a series of to-do lists and appointent schedules scrawled in a tiny notebook.

Project Name & Page Link: Itty Bitty Boxy Pouch
Brief Description: I made this pouch as a “rough draft” to get the process back in the muscles of my fingers before starting on some graduation gifts. The dragons, not surprisingly, remind me of the draco constellation.

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Itty Bitty Boxy Pouch
Brief Description: Usually when friends/family graduate highschool I make a gift basket full of the items most frequently requested at the university library I work at (no, we can’t give you a highlighter, reel of tape, book of stamps, pack of index cards, etc.) but that really only works for in person giving and with the current situation there haven’t been any parties and no one’s really sure what will be happening in the fall. My youngest cousin just graduated cousin just graduated, so instead I’m making a series of zippered pouches to send along with a gift card. First up, a small pouch for chapstick, hand sanitizer, or whatever small things need to be carried. Her school colors are purple and more purple, so this fabric seemed appropriate.

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Memory Planner Spread
Brief Description: Another memory planner spread, but this time with a Hogwarts themed sticker kit. The colors lean heavily Gryffindor, but there are most other houses represented.

(Off to scrounge through my project pictures to fill some detention prompts!)

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention stash challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Bird Wand
Brief Description: While standing in a flower bed to socially distance during a walk, I found a perfectly straight stick that just begged to be a wand. No idea what kind of wood it is, and the handle wanted to have a very simplistic stylized bird on it. It ended up a tiny bit over eighteen inches long and it smells delightful because I didn’t have varnish so I used beeswax.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: May the Fourth challenge.
Project Name & Page Link: Frog from Chrono Trigger
Brief Description: Chrono Trigger is a classic video game that many people still love and play. This is based on the original art of Frog, of the party members you can have. The original is by Akira Toriyama, who also did the art for Dragon Ball. The writing is his name, Frog, in Japanese and his real name before he was cursed, Glenn. I did it in Procreate and I’m really happy with how it turned out!
Project Picture:

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Sliding in at the last minute with a few projects!

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Boxed Bag
Brief Description: I decided that I needed to make a pencil bag, to keep my drawing supplies separate from my coloring supplies. I found a tutorial on Pinterest, but instead of making a plain bag, I decided to make it out of crumb patchwork. Does the same job, but looks much more awesome. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

Project Name & Page Link: Recycled Candles
Brief Description: What makes more sense for a dragon than fire? I’m starting to dig into some of my deeper stash supplies, and I had quite a few old candle bits and a little bit of new wax for candlemaking. I managed to use all of the wax up over Memorial Day weekend, making these two candles plus another large container one. I also cleaned out about three more jars, so the next time I circle back around to this craft, I’ll be ready to buy new wax!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Acrylic Pour Paintings
Brief Description: Also from the deep stash were small canvases and dixie cups that were purchased for the express purpose of trying pour painting. I stuck some wooden skewers to an old board game box to make my rack and went to town, using PVA glue and water as my pouring medium. I’m pretty happy with how they came out, even though the green one has some chunky bits from old paint.
Project Picture:

1 Like

Now I have photos moved on to the computer, I have some more…

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
Project Name & Page Link: Prayer flag
Brief Description: I made a Prayer Flag for the recent swap, using sharp needles.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Fruit scones. Recipe can be found here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/tea_time_scones_77839
Brief Description: When I think of tea, I think of afternoon tea and then I think of scones. And when making scones, it has to be Mary Berry’s recipe.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride
Project Name & Page Link: Coffee & Walnut Cake. Recipe can be found here - https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/coffee-walnut-cake
Brief Description: Hufflepuff’s accept and value others, even when they are not in agreement. Hubby loves coffee and walnut cake, and I don’t care for it, but I still bake it for him when he asks for one. I use the linked recipe, but I use icing on top as well as in the middle and decorate with walnuts.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Four cheese pizza. Dough recipe can be found here - https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/bread/quick-pizza-dough
Brief Description: Things are always better when everyone or everything comes together in harmony, so this pizza had 4 different cheeses – blue cheese, feta, goats cheese and mozzarella.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - May
Project Name & Page Link: Honey Garlic Chicken. Recipe can be found here - https://damndelicious.net/2014/10/08/honey-garlic-chicken/
Brief Description: This is a favourite in our house – although I usually cut the chicken into smaller pieces and serve it over rice.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Pain au chocolat. Recipe can be found here - http://www.sprinkledwithjules.com/home/2015/8/29/chocolate-croissants
Brief Description: As mentioned previously (almond croissants), making croissants have been on the to-try list for a while. They are not specifically difficult, but are faff-y and take a lot of time resting in the cold fridge in between rolling and folding.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Button heart badge
Brief Description: A friend of a friend put a call out for buttons – she was making headbands with a button on each side, which are then used for hooking the mask elastic on to, protecting the ears. I have a ridiculous amount of buttons, so went through them and found some of the right side. In the parcel I sent, I included this little button heart badge for her to keep for being amazing.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: SOAR
Project Name & Page Link: Chicken & Carrot Pie. Pastry recipe can be found here - https://www.familytabletreasures.com/moms-no-fail-flaky-pie-crust/
Brief Description: This recipe uses four main ingredients – pastry (made using recipe at link), chopped cooked chicken and carrots (leftovers work perfectly) and a tin of Campbells condensed chicken soup.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Sourdough Cheese Scones. Recipe can be found here - https://garturstitchfarm.com/blog/a-recipe-for-your-sourdough-discard-cheese-scones
Brief Description: When using sourdough, every time you feed the starter, you have to discard some first, so there are lots of recipes for “discard”. I found this recipe for cheese scones that uses discard. Sourdough starter is used to get bubbles into recipes, which makes them rise. Discard, however, isn’t starter at its liveliest, so it uses a little baking powder to enhance the bubbles.
Project Picture:

@fishstix43 I love your supply pouch! It looks so sturdy and cheerful.

@seeuudee Your posts are making me hungry!

Class or Challenge Title: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name & Page Link: Recycled Fabric Doll Dress
Brief Description: My conservation efforts in this instance went to keeping the fabric from my father’s shirts out of the landfill after the cuffs and collars wore out. It turned into a pretty sophisticated little stripe for doll clothes.

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Doll Dress
Brief Description: They show up as dull grey in this picture, but the fabric for this dress features shiny, smooth, vaguely reflective silver accents.

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
Brief Description: Pink? Yes indeed! Not quite ready for a flowery and floofy tea shop, but maybe one of the more retro varieties…

1 Like

Sorry these are a little out of order alphabetically, it was just easier to keep track of all the detentions as a group.

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - WIP
Project Name & Page Link: Doll Sweater
Brief Description: Finished over the course of several zoom meetings, which seems to be a way of measuring time now.

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - WIP
Brief Description: I let this one languish for a bit while I figured out what to add to the bodice to make it a little less plain. Buttons aren’t exactly cutting edge as far as accents go, but I like the way they turned out.

Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Doll Clothes
Brief Description: These started out life as leftovers from past quilting projects.

Project Name & Page Link: Doll Dresses
Brief Description: My stash in a capsule - something that came from my great-aunt, something leftover from a quilt, and something I bought myself. I leave it up to you to guess which is which.

Brief Description: A vintage fabric scrap originally from my great-aunt’s stash. I managed to use it all up with this dress, which is a wonderful feeling.

Brief Description: Some more scrap sewing. This one was a bit of a challenge to salvage out of a larger piece that had some blue dye from another fabric bleed onto it.

**Class or Challenge Title: Detention Advanced Studies.
**House: Hufflepuff
**Project Name & Page Link: Royal Summer Shawl by ELK Studio
**Brief Description: I bought this on Ravelry (sorry no link, I’m on mobile) and I’ve been working on it for a few weeks. I decided to squeeze in a detention at the very end of the semester today! Note the shawl is getting wider and not longer, if that makes sense. Hopefully you can see the progress!
**Project Picture:

Love the colors of that shawl!

Class/Challenge: Alchemy
House: Ravenclaw
Project name and Link: Stars and mermaid masks

Description: Stars have always been linked to the moon. Likewise, I feel mermaids are linked to the moon as the moon controls the tides so it would seem to influence mermaids as well.

Class/Challenge: Astronomy
Project name and Link: Fantasy Dragon and mermaids

Description: These were made for my dear librarian friend and co-worker.

Class/Challenge: CoMC
Project name and Link: Reusable family wipes aka: toilet paper https://www.frugallivingnw.com/reusable-cloth-toilet-paper-faqs/
Description: When the apocalypse happened, we hadn’t gotten a pack of toilet paper yet. We were still surviving on our last 7 rolls of t.p. I did NOT want to go out into those scary long lines at costco, target, walmart, etc to get t.p. either. Then I thought, well, I already have reusable pads; is there such a thing as reusable t.p.? And you bet there is! It’s so silly for me to think there might not be as that has really only been around the last 100 years so what would people use before? Anyway, I had a ton fo flannel just given to me recently so I made about 80 wipes. I will probably make 40 more as we go through it quickly (lots of girls in this house). And I’m sold! I’m totally converted on using family cloth and not spending all that money we don’t have to while saving the Earth from a portion of my carbon footprint.

Class/Challenge: DADA
Project name and Link: Covid-19 fence and planter boxes
Description: The first week of the apocalypse I got down and dirty. I am a very active person at school and so just sitting and watching tv/phone/tablet just wasn’t for me. This was also right after the massive tp making effort but before the mask frenzy. I put up a new fence in the side yard to keep the garden from deer (terrible vermin!) and built three 5’x5’x1’ planter boxes. I have always loved gardening but since I’ve lived here the deer have eaten everything I’ve tried to plant. Even the deer resistant ones. Now they can’t get in!! I used sharp and pointy drill bits and screws to put things together!

Class/Challenge: Divination

Project name and Link: Bao! https://thewoksoflife.com/chinese-bbq-pork-buns-cha-siu-bao/
Description:
We really love Disney and have also been looking to find things to do during Covid-19. One of our favorite Disney shorts is the one called Bao so that’s what we decided to make! This delicious little dumpling houses bbq pork with cabbage and carrots.

Class/Challenge: Flying
Project name and Link: Stewed Hare (Chicken replacement) with Root Vegetables and Herb Dumplings
Description: Right now my favorite bird is chicken because it is so dang tasty! We have been on a Hobbit journey through food the last two weeks and one of the recipes I made was stewed chicken some yummy other things. The dumplings were delicious! The recipe originally called for a hare but we can’t get those here so I thought chicken was a good substitute. This recipe is from An Unexpected Cookbook.

Class/Challenge: Herbology
Project name and Link: Spiced Pumpkin Bread https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/spiced-pumpkin-bread.html
Description: Surely pumpkin bread is edible! And it was eaten within 40 min of coming out of the oven lol. I followed this recipe except for putting dried ginger in place of the cloves as I was out.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: HoM
Project name and Link: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread

Description: This made for delicious slices of bread for breakfast. All that was added was a pat of butter on top.

Class/Challenge: Muggle Studies
Project name and Link: Onigiri
Description: My oldest and I tried our hands at making onigiri, a Japanese rice ball with filling. We used the same pork filling as with the bao and we tried another of sweet red bean paste (red beans, soaked and boiled, mashed with a bit of salt and then sugar to taste).

Class/Challenge: SoAR
Project name and Link: Pokemon mask

Description: This mask pattern only has 4 main fabrics to sew together. Very simple and easy. I made this for my husband who is a huge Pokemon fan.

Class/Challenge: Transfiguration
Project name and Link: Toad in the Hole
https://www.taniaskitchen.co.nz/toad-in-the-hole-brown-onion-gravy-2/
Description: This recipe is simply delicious and was also during our 2 weeks of Hobbitty eating. :slight_smile: The secret to the fluffy, pillowy, bubbly batter is baking soda. Make the batter, add the sausages, and then make the onion gravy while everything is in the oven.

Class/Challenge: House Unity Challenge
Project name and Link: Sunday Roast Chicken
Description: Another meal from our Hobbit trek was Sunday Roast Chicken from An Unexpected Cookbook. But, instead of one chicken, I decided to use 3 small rock hens so each person could have their own small bird. They were served with roasted vegetables and I imagine this could very well be something served in Hogwarts as part of one of the feasts.

Class/Challenge: Stash Challenge
Project name and Link: more masks for friends

Description: These were all made with only stash fabric!

Class/Challenge: May the 4th Challenge
Project name and Link: Pork Hand Pies
Description: During our Hobbit food journey (LotR and the Hobbit movies are something that I LOVE) I made pork hand pies from the An Unexpected Cookbook book. They came out amazing and I feel like I could have packed those hand pies up and gone on an adventure myself!

Class/Challenge: Make Your Own Holiday at Home Challenge
Project name and Link: Empty Tomb Rolls https://beautyandbedlam.com/resurrection-rolls-easter-recipe/
Description: My youngest and I make Empty Tomb Rolls for Easter every year. It’s delicious and easy! It took about 30 to 40 min since we made 3 batches. A helpful tip use parchment paper. The recipe doesn’t tell you to do this but it is a LIFESAVER!

whew! I did it! I finally posted a million things lol. As you all can tell, I spent most of this COVID-19 situation sewing, gardening, and cooking out of the wazoo. Needless to say, I’ve gained 15 lbs… lol

1 Like

Going through my pictures, I was surprised how much I’ve been baking. I’m home with my teenagers, and they don’t seem to stop eating. I’m lucky to take a picture before it’s half gone. I’ve been trying to avoid trips to the store, so I’ve been going back to recipies with what I have in the cupboards. I haven’t posted much here on the new website, but it’s a lot easier than I expected to add photos and recipie links.

class- apparition
house- gryffindor
project- bread sticks link to recipie- https://www.handletheheat.com/copycat-olive-garden-breadsticks/
Working with yeast makes me nervous. I’ve had recipes that just didn’t rise, and after much waiting still turned out dense. This time I proofed the yeast, and made sure it had a nice warm place to rise, and tada nice fluffy breadsticks.

class: book club ch 9 midnight duel
house-gryffindor
project: no bake cookies - recipie https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/peanut-butter-chocolate-no-bake-cookies-recipe-2015085

this is a quick stove top recipe, that doesn’t require baking. Maybe a step above rice krispie treats in complexity. Not the prettiest cookies, but the combination of peanut butter and chocolate is yummy.

Class: Detention- stash
project- pecan tassies recipie-https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pecan-tassies/

I usually makes these at christmas time, but I still had pecans in the cupboard, so I decided to make a batch for us just to eat at home. Pecans are a good source of protein right?

class- Headmistress-may the fourth
house- gryffindor
project- robot

EPBOT is a geeky blog that I follow, it encompasses a lot of fandoms. Their mascot is a robot Squee, so I decided to attempt a watercolor portrait of him.

class: potions
project : chicken and dumplings recipie- https://topsecretrecipes.com/cracker-barrel-chicken-dumplins-copycat-recipe.html

When everyone one is under stress, and the weather is dreary, we need comfort food. My daughter requested chicken and dumplings. I have the cookbook, but this like is to the recipie on the top secret website. sometimes I follow it starting with raw chicken, but it also works if you skip that part and used store bought broth and leftover chicken. The dumplings though are all scratch.