CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2020

I’ve been doing a lot of baking as well. The hobbit meals are such a fun idea, I’ll have to try that. we’re starting to run out of ideas.

1 Like

class- detention -stash
house- gryffindor
project- peanut butter cookies recipie- https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/10275/classic-peanut-butter-cookies/

sweet chewy, peanut butter cookies, another favorite recipe, with staples from the cupboard.

class- detention - stash
house- gryffindor
project- oatmeal raisen cookies recipie- https://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/vanishing-oatmeal-raisin-cookies

I had oatmeal and raisens in the cupboard, so I whipped this up as a sort of healthy treat. it’s close enough to have cookies for breakfast , right?

class : holiday
house: gryffindor
project-pumpkin cake recipie- https://www.thecountrycook.net/pumpkin-spice-cake/

pumpkin always reminds me of fall, and it’s one of my kids favorites. Cake, pie, bread, cookies…I found a spice cake mix in the cupboard, and some frozen pumpkin from last fall, so I made this cake, along with the cream cheese frosting. The frosting is best from scratch, but the cake mix works fine.

class- transfiguration
house- gryffindor
project - focaccia bread recipie- https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/focaccia-recipe-1949756

after making multiple loaves of bread in the breadmaker, I wanted something a little diffrent. I’ve eaten focaccia bread in restaurants but hadn’t tried making it myself. It’s a yeast bread so there are bubbles, but you use your fingers to make indentations in the dough and pour oil on top before baking. it’s looks lumpy, and it has a chewy texture.

There are so many good themes to follow! I still have some Hobbit recipes we are going to do. I think after this round it will be recipes from the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook :wink:

And I totally remember making no bake cookies with my best friend in highschool - 20 years ago!

1 Like

:sparkles: :heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: This term of the Harry Potter Craftalong is now CLOSED! :heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :sparkles:

1 Like

The Midsummer Term is now OPEN!

:zap::heart::tada::sparkles::yellow_heart::woman_mage: End of Term Feast :mage::green_heart::sparkles::tada::blue_heart::zap:

Welcome to the End of Term Feast! I have checked the school hour glasses, and the points stand thusly…

hourglasses

:green_heart: Slytherin: 4 students, 295 points, for an average of 73.75 points per student.
:yellow_heart: Hufflepuff: 10 students, 1960 points, for an average of 196 points per student.
:blue_heart: Ravenclaw: 4 students, 870 points, for an average of 217.5 points per student.
:heart::trophy::lion: Gryffindor: 6 students, 2140 points, for an average of 356.66 points per student. :lion::trophy::heart:

Congratulations to Gryffindor House!

5 Likes

Woohooo!!! Great term everyone! :smiley:

2 Likes

Well done, Gryffindors, you really knocked it out of the park this semester!

2 Likes

Congratulations Gryffindors

2 Likes

Woohoo gryffindor

2 Likes

that’s so cool!

Yay! Great term all - since I joined so late I’m still going back through the posts and checking out people’s projects. Fabulous stuff! Am feeling super inspired for next term. :slight_smile: I’m so happy I found this Craftalong! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Gryffindor was on fire this semester! I couldn’t believe how many amazing projects they were cranking out.

2 Likes

Right? They were hot-hot-hot!

2 Likes

Congrats Gryffindors! :partying_face:

2 Likes

@RubeusUmbrella totally know what you mean! This is a great group of crafters that always make inspiring things!

Roar, roar! Gryffindor!!! Very impressive!

2 Likes

Wow! GO Gryffindor :smiley: I’ve really enjoyed my first term of the HP Craftalong :yellow_heart: :lion: :heart:

2 Likes

@MistressJennie are we ok to reply to the new post yet? :slight_smile:

Yep! As soon as I post the notice “The Midsummer Term is now OPEN!” each term, you’re welcome to dive into the new one. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations Gryffindor :smiley: And great job by everyone else :smiley:

1 Like