CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

@plaidpineapple - Oh man I love those pants!! Good luck! Your proposal has been added to the project log.

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - AS Progress
House: Slytherin ::snake:: ::yarn::
Project Name & Page Link: Harvest Moon baby blanket (ravelry link)
Brief Description: Here is a little over 2 hours progressā€¦ maybe 4 hours? Past the bottom edging and on to the main pattern! About half of the blanket is showing in the picture.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash 2
House: Slytherin ::snake:: ::yarn::
Project Name & Page Link: Kate Atherly Baby Socks (ravelry link)
Brief Description: To match the previously knit hat and cardigan in the same yarn.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - WIP
House: Slytherin ::snake:: ::thread::
Project Name & Page Link: Pokemon Mug Mat (similar tutorial here, canā€™t find my usualā€¦)
Brief Description: I started this sometime around christmas, and itā€™s been sitting on my desk with the binding half stitched. DONE! Will be part of my husbandā€™s fathers day gift.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

That baby blanket is going to be so pretty!

1 Like

:wave: hey guys!
So, Iā€™m not really one for a dramatic big entrance, but itā€™s hard to siddle into an online forum :grin:

Itā€™s beenā€¦ What? 3 years? Since I joined in with the HPC, and my life has been an insane whirlwind in that time (hence less time online) but Iā€™m starting to get things back into a better balance. Hopefully that might mean I can post here a bit now that Iā€™m having more time for craft/ online-ness again. Iā€™m gonna check out the classes and maybe even post some this eve.

So, how is everyone? Whatā€™s the goss? I proper missed yā€™all!

yes, I initially posted this in the Ostara 2020 termā€¦ You all recall my exceptional proof reading skills, yes?? :rofl:

6 Likes

I just real-life squealed! Welcome back!! fireworks, parade, other lacks of subtlety So, so glad to see you!

2 Likes

NOODLE! OMG! HI!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

So good to see you, lady!!

2 Likes

Ok, so one of the more positive elements of my whirlwind has been that a month ago I brought my first house (OMG Iā€™m gonna have Wifi! Another reason to step back into the HPC!). Itā€™s in Manchester (UK) so I canā€™t move in until the end of the school year when my contract at work ends (another whirlwind element is that I donā€™t work in theatre anymore, Iā€™m a teacher!); but in on my Easter holiday atm so I came up to decorate. Iā€™ve gone for a very sedate and refined colour schemeā€¦

Challenge: house pride
House: Hufflepuff*
Project: spare room repaint

House colours yā€™all!
For all the rooms Iā€™m showing, I stripped back all the existing paint and redid all walls and ceiling. There was a lot of cleanup because I guess the previous owners repainted in a rush to sell it and left lots of messy bits - splodgy paint on the sockets, splashes on the doors etc.
Iā€™m going to employ a pro to come in and do the stairs for me (I donā€™t have the needed ladders etc) and Iā€™ll have them do my gloss work too (skirting boards & doorframes)

• yup, I switched. Growth, change, et al.
2 Likes

Apparently I have to put these each as separate posts cause Iā€™m a newbie :slight_smile: so sorry for it being a bit bitty!

Challenge: house unity
House: hufflepuff
Project: bedroom repaint

This brilliant bright aqua gives me a chance of to show off my RavenclAwsome side

3 Likes

Challenge: Weasleyā€™s Wizard Wheezes Boxing Telescope
Project: downstairs bathroom
Howā€™s that for a punch of colour??

I know the edges look messy but thatā€™s because I was TOO excited to take pictures and didnā€™t take the frog tape off first - oops!

Also turns out I canā€™t post more than 3 times in a topic yet, so youā€™ll have to be patient to see the other rooms.

:wave: :fireworks: fantastic to see you both too xxx

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Otterā€™s Fizzy Orange
House: Slytherin :snake: :cupcake:
Project Name & Page Link: Apfelkuchen
Brief Description: Had to use up some apples that I wasnā€™t going to eat in time. First time using this recipe! Wish I had taken a picture of it before it went into the oven. Itā€™s supposed to be topped with a spiral of apple slices, which I did, but they sunk into the batter during the bakingā€¦
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Hi Noodle!! :wave: So glad to see you again!

Congrats on the house! I love the colors youā€™ve chosen.

2 Likes

Hey lovely!
Thanks - I have to say Iā€™m really pleased with them too. At one point I was tempted to tone them down but Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t.

Challenge; Weasleyā€™s WW dungbombs
House: Hufflepuff
Project: up stairs bathroom
This room was so dingy. I wish I had a before photo to share with you! I upcycled it into a much fresher space with several coats of brilliant white eggshell. No splash colours in here - but when I love properly Iā€™m going to put in lots of plants to give it some airy green

Challenge: WWW love potion
Project: living room / kitchen (open plan)
So, I know youā€™re not supposed to buy a house just because you like the wallpaper, butā€¦

Iā€™m obsessed with it.
The other walls were magnolia but I took them (&ceiling) to white to show off the gorgeous mustard banana leaf wonder-wall. The whole colour scheme for the house came from this wall! Iā€™m shopping tomorrow for an aqua sofa and pink accent chair, cannot wait :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

The Owl Post Swap is now open!

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Herb Garden
Brief Description: Every year I plant a little herb garden on my patio or porch. It brings me joy & happiness throughout the summer and fall, as I go out and snip some fresh herbs to add to dinner. This yearā€™s selection includes lemon balm, mint, cilantro, purple basil, parsley, chives, thyme, and sweet basil.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Flower Plantings
Brief Description: Every time I go to garden center to pick up herbs and potting soil, Iā€™m inspired by the endless flowers I see. This year I swapped out our faded old terracotta colored flower box that lives on the side of the mailbox/postal fortress for a new black one and filled it with flowers, filled the pots on our front steps, filled the teacup pot on my porch, AND I added two large new flower boxes on the railings of our deck. The plantings should grow out to trail gracefully out of the boxes.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - Ch 14
Project Name & Page Link: Vegetable Garden
Brief Description: Last year I ended up adding in 2 pepper plants to my usual herb garden, one bell and one jalapeno. The jalapeno went nuts, and I made tons of salsa and pepper jelly for Christmas gifts.
So this year I snuck a tiny veggie patch into my normal few herbs & flowers plantings. It includes a jalapeno, a ā€˜coolapenoā€™ (a flavorful but not hot variety of jalapenos), spinach, lettuce mix, Swiss Chard, pak choy, red romaine, and a tomato plant.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Woooweeā€¦ Iā€™ve been neglecting turning in my homework. Project dump here we come!!

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - Ch. 14 - Cornelius Fudge
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: Bee Cross Stitch
Brief Description: I know a fair bit about cross stitch now so Iā€™d like to say Iā€™m somewhat of an authority in it. Hereā€™s the little bee project that got made into my Bee Bag.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: HEAD - Boxing Telescope
Project Name & Page Link: Purple HST Quilt Top
Brief Description: This quilt top gives you a punch of purple! Just like the boxing telescope!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: HEAD - Love Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Bee Watercolor Art
Brief Description: Something Iā€™ve been obsessed/loving lately? Watercolor and bees. Combine the two? Just lovely.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: HEAD - Patented Daydream
Project Name & Page Link: White Floral Face Mask
Brief Description: I fell in love with this fabric but had no use for it. I bought it anyway and gazed upon it for a while, made a couple small things (but nothing for me!) until I came to the realization I needed a new face mask. And now, after dreaming of making something (for myself) with this fabric I finally made that dream come true!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: HEAD - Portable Swap
Project Name & Page Link: Mayor of Marketing Island Cross Stitch
Brief Description: Iā€™ve been branching out this year but currently my #1 craft is cross stitch. Am I known for it? Who knows. If not, thenā€¦uh, itā€™s a really fun cross stitch! (Made for the lovely @Kwality570 in the IYP swap.)
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: HEAD - Pygmy Puff
Project Name & Page Link: Butthead Cat Watercolor Painting
Brief Description: He may be a butthead but he sure is cute. Lol.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: HEAD - Screaming Yo Yo
Project Name & Page Link: Minimalist Bee Bag
Brief Description: Iā€™ve had a couple ā€œminimalistā€ bag patterns favorited on Etsy for a while now. Everyone once in a while Iā€™d look at them and couldnā€™t decide. I bought this fabric for no reason other than I liked it and this bag was finally born! (If you follow the Project link I have the pattern I finally decided on linked.)
Project Picture:

**Class or Challenge Title:**HEAD - 10 Second Pimple
Project Name & Page Link: Zipper Bag
Brief Description: Have things that you want disappeared? Simply place them in the bag and voila!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: HEAD - Wildfire Whizbag
Project Name & Page Link: Black Floral Face Mask
Brief Description: ā€œCraft something with bright colors on a dark backgroundā€ Iā€™m obsessed with this fabric and how perfect for Wildfire Whizbangā€¦bright, happy summer colors on a dark black background. Gorgeous.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Watercolor Art
Brief Description: A little 4x6 tea/home themed painting from when I was playing around the other day.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Also, welcome back @noodle! Glad to see you again!

On another matterā€¦Iā€™d like to propose an Advanced Studies but Iā€™m a bit late doing it. I kept meaning and meaning to post my proposal but havenā€™t gotten around to it. I do have proof of when I started it though! I posted in the Snapshot thread the day after I started. (Thursday, March 25, 2021)

Would it still be possible for me to submit my proposal for this project? If so, Iā€™ll go ahead and post my proposal. If not, no worriesā€¦lesson learned that I shouldnā€™t have procrastinated.

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Spring Bulbs Cross Stitch
Brief Description: This project is estimated on the pattern sheet to take 40 hours. It has three columns of all the different spring bulbs and lots of lovely backstitching. (No sarcasm hereā€¦I love backstitching! Apparently lots of people donā€™t.)

1 Like

@MistressJennie I am inspired by your patio gardenā€¦I think a trip to the nursery is in order this week! What is the plant in the large pot at your front door? My landscaper got me one last year but it is not showing any signs of coming back so I suspect it is an annual of some sort? It got rather large but bloomed all the way until about Februaryā€¦a cold spell hit and I wonder if it killed it?

I think itā€™s THIS. :cherry_blossom:

oh thanks! And, yes, I think I was to bring it in in the fallā€¦oopsā€¦I will get another one

Gorgeous watercolour postcards @Whistlefish - do you usually post them or keep as purely for artwork?

Jennie, your home - indoors and out - blows me away. So beautiful.

1 Like