CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2019/20

Reminder: This term of the Harry Potter Craftalong closes TONIGHT at midnight, Headmistress time!

My apologies imera. I forgot it was a repost. You got 75 points for the House Points miniature back when you posted it on Facebook. You did not lose them. I just forgot that the project wasn’t NEW, when you posted it on Lettuce Craft too, and went to put in points under that subject, only to see there were already points in that square of the spreadsheet. So really, since the LC post was the same as the post to Facebook, it kind of doesn’t count, because it has already been counted. Does that make sense? Either way, you have 75 points on that subject.

Don’t worry, it’s been a really messy period, some confusion had to happen I guess, but you’ve done a great job with it all, which is why you do deserve the adulting badge :smiley:

@imera - Your window looks terrific! And thanks for sharing the link! As another condo/townhome dweller with several windows that are only a couple feet from the sidewalk I’m going to have to give it a try.

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - WIP
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Doll Shrug made by sizing up this pattern.
Brief Description: I wanted to cast on for my first socks of 2020, but when I started rummaging around in my knitting supplies I found the needles I needed already had a project on them. I’ve had to delay a couple days on the socks, but I’ve got something cute to show for it.

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Doll Dress
Brief Description: I made a couple of these dresses in various size. The fabric originally came from my great-aunt Gloria’s Craft-Stash-Of-Legend.

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Reparo
Project Name & Page Link: Hemmed pants
Brief Description: These trousers were a nightmare to hem. I prefer bootcut/flare legs and have been moderately successful hemming by just creating a giant growth stripe to preserve the original hem stitching, but these were such a funny shape (about 6 inches too long and flared wide enough to give the 70s a run for their money) that I had to go the old school route. I didn’t have any marking implement that would show up on the black except for a silver sharpie and did some serious miscalculations on how much to take off, but it worked out in the end. Sorry for the lack of action shots - it’s too late in the evening and there’s really not much to see at any rate.

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Yet Another Boxy Pouch
Brief Description: I’ve been on a pouch making kick recently, and all the zippers so far have come from Aunt Gloria’s WonderStash. Most are so old they still have metal teeth and I’m really concerned I’m going to do some damage to my scissors when I get to the trimming part (don’t get me started on how many machine needles they’ve broken). I was happy to actually find a nylon zipper in the length/color I needed for this pouch to give my blades a bit of a break.

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress’ Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Grandmother’s Dishcloth
Brief Description: Craftster really was my first home on the internet - i think it was the first account I had to any site that wasn’t my university e-mail. I was mostly a lurker for the first couple years before I discovered the craftalong board. To celebrate the spirit of this home I decided to make something for my home using what I would consider my first craft - knitting - which introduced me to the joy of making and the relief of busy hands. When I was just starting out I made a lot of dishcloths but had mostly worked them out of my system by the time I joined the HPC. So here’s a throwback to the craft, and the site, that started all this insanity!

1 Like

Thank you :smiley: And I hope you let us know how it works out! And if you decide to make a pattern or not :smiley: Good luck

Ack, I totally forgot to post what I made for the Imbolc swap as class/challenge projects here before going to bed last night. Was really hoping to earn Hufflepuff a few more points, oh well.

@MistressJennie I love that chain mail necklace
@imera Those miniature books are spooky and adorable

1 Like

:zap::heart::tada::sparkles::yellow_heart::woman_mage: End of Term Feast :mage::green_heart::sparkles::tada::blue_heart::zap:

Welcome to the End of Term Feast! I have checked the school hour glasses, and the points stand thusly…

hourglasses

:yellow_heart: Hufflepuff: 7 students, 1475 points , for an average of 210.7 points per student.:yellow_heart:
:heart: Gryffindor: 3 students, 825 points , for an average of 275 points per student.:heart:
:blue_heart: Ravenclaw: 6 students, 1775 points , for an average of 295.83 points per student.:blue_heart:
:green_heart: :trophy::snake: Slytherin: 4 students, 1560 points , for an average of 390 points per student.:snake: :trophy::green_heart:

Congratulations to Slytherin House!

6 Likes

This term of the HPC is now CLOSED. You may find our new term here: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2020

3 Likes

Yes! I love the border and it was so easy. It’s a reverse shell border. Here is a link for the o e I followed.

1 Like

Well done Slytherin! I always enjoy seeing the massive amount of posts right toward the end.

1 Like

whoa - late reply - sorry for that :flushed: I am new to the HPC and haven’t been on craftster (as it was called) for a very long time either (I’ve forgotten my username on craftster now). As you can see - I forgot all about this challenge too :flushed: and now I am back at university taking my finals, I don’t have time for much at all (OK I confess I am hopelessly disorganized) :blush:
Thanks for asking :heart:

Hi @Eddie. Good luck in your finals! If you wish to find us after them, we’re now on our Ostara (Spring) Term.

1 Like