CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2021/22

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Class: divination
House: hufflepuff
Project: pumpkin carving
Not so much a plant motif… but made from plants!

4 Likes

YAY!! I haven’t been part of a Harry Potter Craftalong in years and I’m so excited!!

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: Vulpix Cross Stitch re-do
Brief Description: So I made the original Vulpix (on the left) many years ago, but I wasn’t happy with the pattern I used… I refer to the OG Vulpix as “Thirst-Trap Vulpix,” cuz… yea… the pose isn’t great. But Vulpix is my FAVORITE, so I decided to make my own pattern, and stitch it up to replace it on my wall so that I wouldn’t constantly be low-key disappointed by the original anymore.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Green Crochet Sweater
Brief Description: I found a tutorial for a sweater that was similar to this, but then realized that if I followed it, there was no way it was going to fit me. So I took the basic pattern and ended up having to re-size it all to fit me, which was a very interesting exercise because I’ve never done anything like that before haha. But I like it and I love the way it fits (especially in the arms).
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Samhain Cross Stitch
Brief Description: I went looking for some cross stitch patterns to honor the Wheel of the Year Sabbats, and this set of teapots themed around the different Sabbats was the very first thing I found, and I immediately fell in love!! This is the first one I’ve made of the eight, and despite being well-versed in cross stitching, this was actually my very first time using color blending in a cross stitch piece before!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - October Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Pumpkaboo Pumpkin Carving
Brief Description: My youngest (5yo) wanted to carve Pumpkaboo on their pumpkin for Halloween/Samhain this year, and we had to (gently) explain that it was too intricate of a pattern for a first-time pumpkin carver. But we agreed that we would give it a shot for them, so they could still have a Pumpkaboo Pumpkin on the front step. This was my first time using a dremel to help carve. My partner scraped the pumpkin out for me and helped with cleaning up the edges, but the actual patterning, carving and dremel-ing was all done by me.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Upcycled Ken Shirt
Brief Description: I have been working on cleaning out my closet recently. I came across a tshirt that was not in good enough shape to pass onto a thrift store. So I made a Ken Doll shirt with it. Then I added a photo transfer to it.

3 Likes

Welcome back! All your crafts are wonderful. I especially love your sweater. It is gorgeous!

@MistressJennie That is so unacceptable of a store, even here in Norway it will be frowned upon. And if they bought a cart full then be sure they are planning to sell it online to make a profit.

BUT I think a blank one that you can fill with stuff you like is always better, reusable for many years AND you can be certain that the candy is something you like.

1 Like

And before I forget

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Monogram Christmas stockings
House: Slytherin
Brief Description: I’ve always wanted christmas stockings but I never liked the ones in the stores. I FINALLY decided that this year is the year I’ll get my stockings, and of course that means everyone will get one. And because I’m not going to make things easy on me I’m going to monogram the first letter of our names on it. I thought of doing it easy and just make a felt monogram but I think I’ll embroider them.
Already bought the fabric, a curtain and two fleece blankets.

REMINDER: Today’s “crafternoon” is set to start in about 90 minutes. I’ll drop the Zoom link here. Feel free to pop in late, or leave early if you need to. We’ll be online for a couple hours!

I’m going to try to pop in! This weekend is kicking my butt. We’re trying to get lots of little projects taken care of, in advance of the holidays, and Godzilla’s arrival. That included getting a huge 4’x8’ hole fixed in the ceiling of our garage, which meant last weekend we had to move all the storage shelving out from under the hole, and now that it’s fixed, we had to spend this morning moving everything back into place.

Ok, off to do a quick Target & grocery run, so I can hopefully make it back in time to visit with you guys!

2 Likes

Join the Crafternoon here!

bummer, for once I was free but didn’t know about the zoom :frowning: next time hopefully :slight_smile:

1 Like

I plan on organizing another one sometime the first half of December.

3 Likes

Great :smiley: I’m going to be slightly more around real soon so I should see the announcement :smiley:

1 Like

Your AS proposal has been added to the project log! I have the goal of making Xmas stockings every year too, haha. Good luck!

2 Likes

Ugh, this weekend totally got on top of me and i missed our Zoom! I’ll try harder for the next one, hope y’all had a blast!

1 Like

My unfinished advent calendar arrived! Look how big it is. My husband’s vintage Star Trek lunchbox for size reference.

6 Likes

@MistressJennie It’s huge! That’s going to hold so many good treats.

Prompt: Book Club Chapter 10
House: Hufflepuff
Pattern: Made using this pattern. Kind of.
Project Description: There was a pattern involved in the beginning of this project, but I kind of looked at it and had a “yee haw” kind of sewing session. Increased the pattern by 150%, decided to use only two of the pieces, and completely threw away the directions. So there was definitely a road map, but I kind of only used it to go “I am at point A, I’d like to be at point B, this piece of paper confirms there are roads between here and there.” Couldn’t have done it without the basic bodice shape, though, and I do like the way it turned out.

6 Likes

Such a cute dress, and I love your description. That is how my doll clothes crafting has been lately.

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Falling Leaves Bonnet
Brief Description: I created this yarn last year for a challenge, but mostly because I love the changing season’s color palette. (My birthday is in October, right around peak color in my neck of the woods, and it makes me soooo happy.) I’ve been looking for the perfect project for the yarn, and I found this pattern that allowed me to use up every last bit of it! And, it’s mine, all mine! (insert maniacal laughter) :joy:
Project Picture:

5 Likes

It’s awesome!!

1 Like