Falling Leaves Bonnet

Last Autumn, I created a yarn inspired by the changing season. It took me almost a whole year, but I finally found a good project for it.

The pattern is Embossed Leaves Hooded Hat by Bonita Patterns. It took every little bit of yarn in the skein, plus a few dozen yards of random left-overs from my bobbins and stash to finish the ties.

The pattern was well-written and pretty easy to follow. I love the texture of the leaves and the weight of the hat. I did add a pattern repeat since my gauge was slightly too small (Boye’s I-Hook is a bit smaller than the standard and my yarn isn’t perfectly consistent). I did use a G-Hook for the edge, instead of the recommended F-Hook.

The yarn:

The inspiration:

36 Likes

You nailed it! That yarn is so beautiful and the bonnet is stunning

1 Like

gorgeous yarn and fab hat!

1 Like

Gorgeous! You totally channeled your inspiration!

1 Like

Thank you! I want to wear it everywhere. Hat weather is the best!

That hat is the epitome of autumn…the colors and pattern you used are perfect!

1 Like

Perfect example of finding just the right project for just the right yarn. Beautifully done!

2 Likes

Its beautiful!

1 Like

Yes indeed you did find the perfect project for your beautiful yarn! [chef’s kiss]

1 Like

Thank you!

It really does remind me of falling leaves! Great job.

1 Like

What a beautiful pattern to call attention to that gorgeous yarn. So autumnal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

These colors definitely nail “AUTUMN” and the colors plus bonnet remind me a bit of Firefly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful. and perfect camouflage in the woods!

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Thanks! I finished it just in time for all the colors to disappear from the scenery… we’re getting loads of snow this weekend! But, my head is warm. :relaxed:

That yarn is freaking gorgeous! The leaf pattern on the hat is truly perfect for it!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

:eyes: Well, lookie here! :eyes: Your amazing craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :rainbow:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like