CLOSED: Nerd Games - Discussion Thread for 2020 Games

Ohhh, that sounds fun.

3 Likes

Yes. Heā€™s still Monkey. He will forever be Monkey. Or Butt. Because he smells and acts like one :joy_cat:

2 Likes

I love the idea of Holiday themed teams! :jack_o_lantern: :turkey: :christmas_tree:

What about an advent calendar thing for the fall round? Like maybe every Sunday (or whatever day is best) on top of the normal monthly prompts we get a new weekly bonus prompt to craft for the fall quarter? In October Halloween/fall themed prompts, Nov would be Thanksgiving/Fall themes and December Christmas/Winter??

3 Likes

Or to make it a little easier so @storerboughtcreation doesnā€™t have to come up with 12 extra prompt ideas (Iā€™ve tried to throw in suggestions and itā€™s hard!), maybe each month we can have one additional prompt that is geared towards that months holiday? I just donā€™t want to put that much work on the people behind the scenes, but I like the idea. Or maybe to jazz it up a little, give us a specific challenge. Like for Halloween the extra bonus prompt could be creating something with 3 specific Halloween items in it. For example: the item has to contain a pumpkin, candy, and witches broom. Or give us 5 items and it has to contain at least 3. Itā€™s a little different and could be fun. Just an idea.

3 Likes

That sounds good too. Iā€™m up for whatever! :slight_smile: @storerboughtcreation , please feel free to modify as you wish. Iā€™m just brainstorming ideas. :smile:

1 Like

To be clear, I donā€™t come up with any prompts. That all comes from the super awesome @Smeddley. If I was creating prompts, it would be craft something blue. Dog. Make a bucket.

I am not creative in that way. I just killed my sister, @QueenHobo (Iā€™m speaking out loud as I type, and sheā€™s agreeing with me :joy:).

That said, I do like the bonus prompt idea if Smeddley is up for it. Or something like it.

3 Likes

I am now going to make a bucket as soon as I am done making this dino

4 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Donā€™t be hatin. It was your idea.

1 Like

I feel like I owe a huge thank you to @Smeddley for taking the time to come up with the prompts. I know itā€™s hard and has to be stressful. We all appreciate it.
@storerboughtcreation & @QueenHobo, you two crack me up!

4 Likes

Kudos to @Smeddley for all the creative prompts

4 Likes

Since were talking about future seasons, I thought Iā€™d check in on the prompts and extras.

Is everyone happy with the number of prompts currently offered? Do we want to change or add anything?

Currently for the extra crafting opportunities we have the following limits per season:
Big time - 3
Free range - 2
Research project - 2
Zaps - 5

Iā€™d love to hear how you feel about the available crafting opportunities. :blush:

1 Like

Yes, thank you @Smeddley! :kissing_heart:

Iā€™m good with it as it is. :blush:

2 Likes

I like it as is. Itā€™s enough of a challenge without being overwhelming.

1 Like

I think the number of prompts is great, but I would like to see a couple of extra Free Range prompts (but maybe limit to 2 per month?)! But, the occasional bonus prompt is fun, too.

And, thanks to both you, @storerboughtcreation, and @Smeddley for everything that you do to keep the games running!

4 Likes

I like this idea. Maybe lower the big time and research projects numbers by 1 each and increased the free range By 2?
When Iā€™m really productive Iā€™ll use up all the monthly prompts and but maybe not have super large projects to post so a couple times I ended up not posting projects.

4 Likes

Agreed. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Good point, I like that idea too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m game for upping free range to two a month. I personally tend to do more larger projects than smaller ones, so I wouldnā€™t want to lower the amount of big time and research (I had at least 6 projects that would have counted for research this season). I donā€™t think we need to up them, either. But I like upping free range :blush:

6 Likes

I like upping the Free Range prompts as well; it might remind me that theyā€™re there :laughing:.

I donā€™t typically do large scale projects, so I defer on the Big Time/Research topic since changing/not changing them wouldnā€™t really change anything for me.

3 Likes