CLOSED: Nerd Games - Discussion Thread for 2020 Games

I voted wait because I didn’t think LC has swapping ready yet? The only swaps posted were started elsewhere, and I’d rather not go through a different site.

2 Likes

@AcadianDriftwood Very good point! Maybe let them work out the kinks first, I don’t know if there’s going to be a big system like before for feedback and whatnot, that may well not be up and running. I am excited about the first LC swap, though!

We’ll also have to decide if, like before, the Nerd Games Swap is limited to people in the Nerd Games. I’m leaning no, especially if we can use it to draw people into the games? Like, the swap is the gateway to the games? :smiley:

2 Likes

I also vote to wait for swapping to happen here. That gives us lots of time to get us newbies excited about and understanding the games. I think we should limit the nerd games swap to only those who play but make the requirement that you have to post at least one project here (even a zap) and you are eligible because you are now an official nerd gamer!

1 Like

@Lynx - oooh, like the whole “you have to post in the discussion thread” requirement, we can have a “post a project, even if it’s just one, in the Nerd Games thread”? That would REALLY make it a gateway swap!!! :smiley:

And would still open it up to new people, I think before you had to be a former participant.

1 Like

@Smeddley, I agree with @Lynx. I think what makes it a Nerd Games swap is that we are all in the Nerd Games. If people join who are not in it, than it’s just a random swap. It’s not hard to join now that the rules have been streamlined so I don’t think anyone would have an excuse.
I can understand how confusing it was before, but now… Join the Games! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On a side note. I worked on some more pouches this weekend. Planned on bringing them into work and finishing them but then I completely blanked and forgot them. One of them will be a Raffle prize. Is anyone else working on Raffle Prizes? I hope we get a good amount donated this round. :green_heart:

3 Likes

I’m just joining in, this is my first nerd games. I’ve read through the thread before, but there is a lot to take in so hopefully I’ve done it correctly.

2 Likes

You guys! I’m so excited! @roler is going to come to Phoenix at the end of February for a week, and she’ll stay with me. I haven’t seen her in person in a million years (okay, 10 years, but that’s almost a million). I can’t contain my excitement, so I am sharing this happy news with all of you. I can’t wait!!!

8 Likes

I’m super excited toooooo!!! There will be much crafting. XD

6 Likes

Ooh, that is soooo cool!

2 Likes

I totally missed this! So much to look at etc.

I agree with @gozer about offers declining etc. I feel it’s because of postage, as lots of c-sters have stopped international shipping etc.

I would say 1 swap and 1 raffle?

4 Likes

Awh, I wish I could quickly nip across the pond to be with you two!!

Have TONS of fun!!

2 Likes

Don’t worry, Paula! It’s a bit of a learning curve, but you don’t get into trouble if anything is not right… :wink:

Welcome to the Nerd Games!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve not looked into that… need to read the thread to figure out timings etc. :o

DEFINITELY swap only for Nerd Games people!!

2 Likes

I agree that the swap should be for Nerd Games participants. I think you should have at least one project posted (so I’d better get cracking) in the season the swap is in.

4 Likes

The Nerd Games swap has always had t he requirement that you have posted at least one project to the games within either the current round or the season prior. I agree that it will stay that way. It makes it special. And encourages more people to join us in our nerdy craft endeavors! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I worked on finishing up my pouches last night and remembered to bring them to work with me today to work on during lunch. My fingers are crossed I can get them done tonight. It’s my deadline before I have to put them away and start cleaning my house for visitors on Friday.
I really need to start working on some other crafts too. Where does all the time go?

3 Likes

@storerboughtcreation @roler I’d love to enjoy your company while you’re visiting! Can I play, too?

2 Likes

I’d love to see you again, too. It’s been way too long! Maybe we can get @sweets4ever to meet up with us?. I’m sure there are other LC members in the Phoenix area, I’m just not sure who. We could have a mini impromptu meetup the first week of March. @roler doesn’t have her schedule for the volunteer work she’s coming here to do yet, so plans would have to wait until she knows when she’s free.

4 Likes

@storerboughtcreation I love this! I had no idea that @sweets4ever lived here and I’m pretty tickled abt the idea of meeting more C-ster / LC friends!! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Wow, so many!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We moved here August of 2017 (from Ohio). :cactus:

We should start a “where are you” thread in the Lounge, if there isn’t one already!

4 Likes