CLOSED: Nerd Games - Discussion Thread for 2020 Games

Ragdolls are such beautiful cats, she looks so sweet. I’m also going to echo, more pictures please!

2 Likes

What a tiny creature :heart_eyes_cat:
I agree with the call for more pictures. I’m not sure what the policy is here in our new home, but on many other forums and groups I’ve seen that cats are always considered on-topic.

4 Likes

As they should be! Doesn’t matter what I am doing, I nearly always have 1 or more “helping” me :joy_cat::joy_cat:

3 Likes

Your baby is so cute. I love his little sleeping face.

1 Like

Participation Trinket

Rules:

1. You must have submitted at least one project to the Winter 2020 Nerd Games that took at least 30 minutes of crafting time to complete.
  2. You must private message me the following information no later than 11:59 PM Central Time, March 31, 2020:
  • Full name
  • Mailing address
  • Country if outside of the US

@Lynx and I did a trade earlier this season, and I now have a super cute card and Lettuce Craft trinket to mail out to anyone that has participated this season. In order to receive your super duper awesome thank you gifts, please private message me the above info.

I will try to mail out the cards and trinkets the first few weeks of April. I am moving from Arizona to South Carolina in the middle of March though, so I may be a little delayed in getting the items sent out.

As for the tracking update, @roler will be here tomorrow night, so maybe she can cat-sit for me so that I can finish catching up on everything and make the tracking post. I just know I’ll have to strong arm her into it :wink: Then again, our other cat, Frankenstein, may not let her love on the tiny kitten, and may insist she pet him instead. And since he’s weighing in at 16 pounds, she may be hostage to his demands :laughing:

5 Likes

if you were closer I’d let you strong arm me into cat sitting.

3 Likes

I think we all want to cat sit!

4 Likes

Oh, my! George is so cute! I love how smart he looks in his glasses, too.

I’m excited about the trinkets, too! I have a couple of projects to post this Saturday. I’m supposed to be working on Progress Report grades right now…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can convince me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

George is so cute! And thank you for doing all this with the Games. I know you have your hands full right now with a wee one, a 16 pound not-so-wee-one, and moving. Thank you so much!

3 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 22 active players! A total of 115 projects have been posted, including 8 big time projects, and 2 research projects!

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 5 37 1420 284
Knotty by Nature 5 22 1070 214
Paletteable Art 2 7 240 120
Bits and Bobs 10 49 1585 158

Battle Royale Results:

January # Results
Resolutions 6
Status Quo 7 WINNER!
February # Results
Birds 5 WINNER!
Squirrels 4
March # Results
TBD
TBD

Don’t forget, you can look at your individual tracking checklist here. You can also find the team roster there.

As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! Craft on, Nerds!

1 Like

March Prompts are up!

March Theme: Sportball Madness here in the USA!

March Battle: Sportsball Madness or Netflix

• Bracketology - Craft something that has branching arms, or incorporates lines prominently.
  • Ball - Craft something round(ish) or something orange or made of rubber.
  • Basket - Craft something that holds something, or that is made of string and/or metal.
  • Chips and dip - Craft two things that work together.
  • Mascots - Craft something anthropomorphic, or an animal, or something fuzzy.
4 Likes

Somebody twisted my arm ;p

9 Likes

Oh my goodness. You’re both adorable. You are such a good mama. George looks like he is growing. Look at how fluffy he is. He is going to be such a beautiful cat, you can already tell.

4 Likes

he’s getting big!

2 Likes

Awwww! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

@roler took this photo of my silly Monkey. He is a fast little potato.

7 Likes

Omg I looooove him :two_hearts:

2 Likes

George has beautiful blue eyes! He is growing so quickly and is such a handsome boy.

2 Likes

He looks like a little rascal! You can tell he is a handful and ready to get into mischief by that pic. He also looks like he may be a smidgen spoiled already. :wink: LOL!

3 Likes