CLOSED: Nerd Games - Discussion Thread for 2020 Games

Have I??? Really?? My brain is totally gone… Will PM you my address. Do you prefer here or on FB?

Either is fine.

There @storerboughtcreation I posted on the nerdgames. You can stop yelling at me :joy:

5 Likes

NO I CAN’T! YOU STILL HAVE A UNICORN TO POST! :rofl:

3 Likes

There is just no pleasing you! :rofl:

3 Likes

@craftADDchick, @gozer, @geekgirl, @GMPNQ, @Bunny1kenobi, @Inselaeffchen, @ezrib, @Tanath… Today I mailed out the cards and trinkets the lovely @Lynx made in a previous personal swap. For those of you in the UK, I’m not sure how long it will take you to receive your envelope, but it should be there sometime soon :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Thank you! Something to look forward to in the mail!

1 Like

Hey everyone! There are two new raffle prizes added to the list! Go check out the raffle rules post near the top of the Nerd Games thread. And remember, if you’re planning to donate, please send me a DM with a picture, a description of the item including size, and whether or not you’re willing to ship internationally.

Thanks for all the generosity so far! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got my LC charm! Thank you so much. That was so sweet of both of you.
I have the Lettuce fabric coin purse I need to get an individual picture of to donate to the raffle. I’ll try to remember to do it today.

3 Likes

I got mine, too! And, yes, thank you to the both of you!

I am trying to think of something to add to the jar opener that I’m offering up as a raffle prize. It feels rather meager on it’s own. Maybe I can make a coordinating something or other :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will look out for it and let you know when it arrives. But don’t hold your breath… I just had a small box (less than DVD size) from England taking 1.5 weeks … over Easter bank holidays, I give you that … but usually just a 1-3 day thing.

I’m glad things are still getting delivered, so I can wait! :smile: As long as things don’t go missing.

I mailed them as a handmade card in an envelope. So hopefully it comes faster than a package would!

2 Likes

I got mine too! It’s awesome.

1 Like

Fingers crossed!! :heart:

1 Like

Since there’s been a lot of crafting going we, we’ve added a few bonus prompts for the Quarantine Season!

SPRING QUARANTINE BONUS PROMPTS!!!
Extra prompts for the Spring Session, since a lot of us have a bit of extra time on our hands! Weather-themed, what else?

• Crying in the Rain - want to be outside but the weather’s not cooperating? Craft something to use indoors, or that requires water to complete!
  • Outside in the Sun - enjoying a nice spring (or fall, Southern Hemisphere!) day outside? Craft something nature-themed, or that is bright yellow!
  • Verily, is that a Funnel Cloud? - worst part of spring in the midwest! Craft something that makes a huge mess
  • In a Freak Snowstorm? - April snow happens! Craft something that is unexpected, or cold, or white.
  • Dreary Foggy Day - craft something that is grey, or has translucent qualities.
6 Likes

I just want to add that these prompts still get the normal points and a raffle ticket for each one you craft for. We thought it would be fun to have a few extra prompts since many of us seem to be crafting up a storm (ha! See what I did there? :rofl:).

4 Likes

What you all don’t see is SBC is over here cracking up at her play on words :roll_eyes: :rofl:

7 Likes

Oh my goodness! Yes, yes, yes!!! I am still working 40 hours but since I don’t have my normal hour each way commute, (yep, that is 10 hours a week in the car) I have so much more time to get stuff done. Thank you so much for the extra prompts. I was just about to do something boring, like clean my room. Pfft! :laughing:

4 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 18 active players! A total of 87 projects have been posted, including 5 big time projects, and 4 research projects!

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 4 37 1475 368
Knotty by Nature 5 15 620 124
Paletteable Art 1 1 20 20
Bits and Bobs 8 34 1255 156

Battle Royale Results:

April # Results
Text 7 TIED!
Phone Call 7 TIED!
May # Results
TBD
TBD
June # Results
TBD
TBD

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

4 Likes