CLOSED Prayer Flags - April 2020 GALLERY

I laughed and laughed over your flag for Renstar. Because its hilarious!!

3 Likes

Here is the lovely prayer flag I got from @Renstar!

I remarked how clever it was to use a doily like thisā€¦I thought it was cut our felt at first because it has a fuzzy texture. I think we both like the color blueā€¦lol

She sent a lovely note and this smaller piece that is so cool as wellā€¦butterflies!

Thanks, partnerā€¦we always seem to have fun when we swap across the pond!

9 Likes

Cool combo of materials!

1 Like

What a lovely flag @Renstar I love the lace you used give it dimension. So pretty!

2 Likes

Thanks - another all from stash! But, I had some good prompts from AIMR - as always!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi everyone - just a quick update. We have 2 flags in postal limbo but good news on one. I edited a Google sheet so the mods know everyoneā€™s status and you will be able to join the second round of swaps.

Thanks again for swapping and Iā€™ll see you all again in the next round.

4 Likes

Well, after a looong journey, my prayer flag from @Ewulotta finally made it home! And itā€™s so wonderfulā€¦LOOK!

I love it!!! So many little elements - the colorful stamping, the corduroy background (love), the painted (?) fabric, the applique hand (my theme was creativity/hand-made), the crochet flower, buttons, rick-rack, FRINGE! Itā€™s a crafterā€™s dream.

Thank you so much Eva! This was so worth waiting for. :smiley:

9 Likes

Every single element of this flag is so cheery!

2 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m so relieved that it finally arrived! And Iā€™m glad you like it, especially since it was my first prayer flag ever. I used spray paint for the background fabric.

5 Likes

Spray paint! Super cool. I love it! :smiley:

1 Like

I love that there are so many elements in the flag you made @Ewulotta! The ric-rac in my favorite tertiary colors of orange, green, purple! The fringe! The pom pomsā€¦and the saying is perfect for @Abbeeroad!

2 Likes

So, after a rather long journey, and thought to be missing at one point, my flag arrived from @MistressJennie today - and it was so worth the wait, it is gorgeous!

I just love, love the steampunk feel to it and the colours are perfect - thank you

11 Likes

Beautiful! I love the sparkly dangles and the trim on top and bottom.

1 Like

Iā€™m not certain where it came from, but I could swear the fabric is hand dyed from someone on Deadster. I had a piece about the size of a fat quarter, that went pink to yellow to green, to blue to purple, and fussy cut it to get the background for this so it would look like a sunset sky. @Abbeeroad, @sheepBlue, @PerfectlyBohemian & @StudioANF all helped with advice and encouragement over an online crafting session together. The embroidery design is from Urban Threads and was a fun excuse to play with my new embroidery machine.

6 Likes

I love it! What am I talking aboutā€¦ I love them all!
It also gives me hope that my flag for @wendiek will still turn upā€¦ (sigh).

3 Likes

Yes, me too!
Iā€™m checking and checking the mail regularly, hoping it will show up!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

What a pretty flags! Love all the elements you added in the creativity flag @Ewulotta!
The colours of the Journey flag are awesome, great embroidery, wow stunning @MistressJennie!

4 Likes

What a cool theme and use of so many materialsā€¦love the trim at the bottom and topā€¦the image is really cool with the cogs as embellishments!

1 Like