CLOSED Prayer Flags - April 2020 GALLERY

you say you have wee little scraps on the floor???

3 Likes

@marionberries I just love your oak tree

@kayrun what a cute little blue bird!

@MightyMitochondria gorgeous imagery, it feels like the breeze is already sweeping through the scene. I’m glad you’ve also made yourself a flag, good vibes all around.

@AcadianDriftwood such a fantastic idea! Love this flag!

@Smmarrt super cute flag! I love the bumblebee’s wings!

@thanate lovely idea for a flag. The flowers are all growing through various fabrics and it makes me think of the “bloom where you are planted” concept.

3 Likes

I received an envelope full of awesome from @seeuudee! She sent a beautiful flag, a lovely card, and even some tempting teas!

The stitching is so beautifully done. I love the texture she created with her fabric choices, the knotting, and the buttons.

Thank you for swapping with me @seeuudee!

6 Likes

love the color (red!) and the mini applique …what are the knots going around? Cording?

1 Like

Thin ribbon and french knots, and yes, I was regretting my choices about 3 knots in :roll_eyes: But glad I persevered!

I am so happy you like it @MistressJennie

4 Likes

How? How did I miss all these?
I am loving everything received so far and so many different techniques. Fantabulous!

And I now get to add to it!
I received from @Wulf yesterday.
I was not in a good place and completely ignored the post when it was delivered, so this was still sitting there when I was sent to bed, in the nicest possible way, by my kids.

Wow! What a way to kick me out of the pit I was in. Thank you so much, Wulf, I absolutely love it. It is far too amazing to hang outside - but will hang it in my craft room window so it will still catch the breeze when the window is open.

Of course Lola had to get in on the action

Thank you so much Wulf, I love it so much!

14 Likes

Wow!! I LOVE the interlocking geometric shapes the the balance flag by @seeuudee. Beautifully stitched too! And the chakra buttons!

And of course the flag by @Wulf is absolutely amazing. So many awesome details. Just wonderful.

2 Likes

Oh my, I have been so busy in and around the house, I didn’t find the time to catch up with this amazing swap.

The gallery is filled up with such pretty and wonderful flags! I really love how everyone interprets a theme or word so differently. I am amazed by all the craftiness and the talent!

Love the Earth flag, all those small pieces. Really like a mosaic!

The Oak tree is sp pretty! The stitching and all the colours, very nice.

Love the little bird and flower of the peace and hope flag. That bird is so cute!

The connect flag with that embroidered tree, wow!! The purple fabric is also gorgeous.

The forest in the spring flag, really speaks forest. The colours and stitches, love it.

The connected flag with all those scraps of masks, wow! That is so meaningful and I love the rainbow effect of the long strips.

The flowers and the bee flag is so nice and so relaxing. Love that little bee.

The bloom flag, oh that stitching over the scrappy strips, so smart and so pretty!

The balance flag, wow, the colour, the buttons and applique. All in balance!!

The be your own self flag is stunning! All those amazing details… The embroidery… A real piece of art, if you ask me!

Pfew, I am done! I received a pm that my partner received her flag, yay!! It arrived safely!

3 Likes

This gallery is amazing and now I get to add this goodness from @wendiek! I had some vague themes so my partner stalked my pinterest. One of my pins was actually something that she had recieved! We have both been lucky enough to have been partnered with @Luckdragon in different swaps on c-ster and that’s where the inspiration came… Funnily enough, I made this same theme for a prayer flag FOR luckdragon! Bizarre, but true. I am absolutely in love with this flag. The layers, the colors, the sparkly flower bits on the bottom.

I also had to take a pic of the back so y’all could appreciate the cute stitches!

Thanks again Wendie!

9 Likes

Lovely!

It’s so great when partners get each other!

3 Likes

The houses are so relevant to what is happening today…staying home…for the good of all…love the little lawn strip as well!

@Wulf…it is like you made a little showcase for a lot of favorite treasures! The background is also made up of treasures…the textures are wonderful!

2 Likes

The moment I saw your pinterest pin of the cute houses pillow, I HAD to use that theme! And yes home is a popular theme these days.

I had lots of fun making this prayer flag, I am glad that you like your flag!

4 Likes

Love the little houses! So cute!!!

2 Likes

Beautiful stuff! I love the little houses too. Home has never seemed as central to our lives as it is right now.

I’m anxiously awaiting my package from @GMPNQ. Maybe tomorrow? :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

And yes, it did arrive today!

A wonderfully abstract tree that reminds us to “Relax Renew Recharge”.

And a card with a few bits of “filler”:

Those bookmarks are the most terrifyingly obsessive I’ve ever seen. But I love the tag from the “Seaboard Airline Railway”!

Thanks for all this, Helen! It’s been great being your swap partner.

5 Likes

I really love all the prayer rugs. Gorgeous work.

1 Like

OMG, my prayer flag from AIMR has arrived. I literally laughed out loud!!

Blurred just in case…

And a lovely card

Always a great swap partner. Thank you

9 Likes

Hahahaha!! So great!!!

1 Like

I actually blushed when I was making it, but hey, you said to go to the lewd side!

I made a similar one for me, but with a more safe for office theme! :wink:

9 Likes

What a lovely, fresh flag that tree flag!

Hahaha, that flag is so funny AIMR! Made me laugh! :joy:
Love the one you made for yourself too, such pretty colours.

1 Like