Clown Pants

Hi you crafty bunch!

Yes, it’s another title created by Mr Loops’ when he sent me the zip file full of these photos… I like it though, it takes me back to my web dev days in the late 90s when it was a term we regularly used to describe websites that were offensive to our eyes…

Anyways, I love this fabric soooo much, it’s so colourful and cheerful! I had initially pondered making a dress with it because it’s so beautiful, but then I considered how often I leave the house (… virtually never cos I’m agoraphobic!) and that I mostly wear leggings and leisure wear, so I figured it made much more sense to use it to make myself some leisure wear so I could wear it much more often!!

I had to make them low-rise, I don’t think I wear trousers particularly low but I do find that trousers tend to come very high on me so I usually have to roll the waist band over a few times on bought ones. I also managed to make them a little too short, which I think in hindsight is because the pattern calls for an elasticated band on the bottom which I don’t like in joggers, but I had to add an [unelasticated] band in the end just to lengthen them, altho I didn’t make that big enough either really. But they’re super comfy, super cheerful, and they have pockets, so I don’t care!

I had hoped to make a matching top, but alas I only have enough fabric left to either make a matching doggy t-shirt for Rosie my doggy daughter (as we all know I like to do…) oooor I might have just enough to make a vest/cami to go with it… Opinion??

Obligatory Rosie photo bomb… followed by obligatory comedy photo as Rosie’s favourite toy Kevin the carrot attacks me…

I was actually feeling brave earlier this week wearing my colourful trousers, and I went out of the house to go to a few shops, and a lovely lady came over to tell me how much she liked my trousers, she’d decided to go to the shops on her lunch break to look at the Christmas decorations to cheer herself up, but apparently my trousers did the job (which I thiiiink is a good thing?!)! Also I’ve worn these trousers nearly every day since I made them… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

:boom: I used this lovely jersey fabric from Minerva and this “Yoggers” pattern from Petite Stitchery, which was FREE!!! :astonished:

Hope you like! :cowboy_hat_face:
Loops xx

25 Likes

Those are fantastic! The colours remind me of Lisa Frank. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

They look so colorful and comfy! And hello Rosie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These look so comfy and bright. I love them so much!

3 Likes

So dang cheerful! Perfect as we head into every shortening daylight hours and cooler weather here in the Northern Hemisphere!

I will always vote for a new shirt for Rosie, but… she doesn’t look entirely thrilled about these “yoggers.” :thinking: Maybe her limited color vision isn’t giving her the full majesty? :rofl:

2 Likes

Those are so fabulous, thanks for sharing the pattern. I wonder if they’d fit my tall skinny boys, they look versatile.

I looked up the fabric too hoping to order some but alas, overseas to Canada seems overly ambitious. Oh well, I’ll admire yours.

2 Likes

These are so fun. I vote for Rosie to get a matching shirt.

1 Like

I :heart: them!! And isn’t it magical how what we wear can affect our mood so much?

1 Like

That’s 2 votes for a Rosie tee, 0 votes for me, lol.

@wittychild - Ooh I had to look up who Lisa Frank was, such colour!!!

@loves2experiment - :dog: :wave:

@Magpie - Aww dang, I’m not sure where the designer/manufacturer is based, but they’re called ‘Little Johnny’ so maybe you can find some available more local to you :slight_smile:

@TheMistressT - You could be right there, once I’ve made her a t-shirt out of it I’ll have to pay attention to how often she picks that one out of all her tees, cos I like to let her choose, lol!

@Immaculata - Absolutely, I often find myself dressing purposely to influence my mood, it’s why I have so many colourful clothes!

2 Likes

They are so cheerful and all those colors makes them quite versatile. Do you have enough fabric to do sleeves or trim for a top?

As usual, love the post and the pictures.

3 Likes

@AIMR - Ooh yus I should do, my friend Spammy also suggested using it for sleeves on a raglan sleeved top, great minds!

3 Likes

Every time I read one of your posts, I think “she seems like a fun neighbor. Why can’t we have neighbors like her?” Ours are boring hermits.

2 Likes

:two_hearts: Your magnificent project is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

2 Likes

@TheMistressT - Awww thank you so much. I’m still wearing them btw… I mean they have been washed, but I love wearing them!!!

@J-squared - Haaaaa, I know what you mean, ours are hermits as well!! Surely there must be some weirdos like me around here somewhere?!

3 Likes

I love Project Runway. They often include designers that use eye-damaging combinations of patterns and colors. I now call THEM “clown pants.”
Thank you.

1 Like

I would love a pair of pants like that. My son has some similar, only without the dotted stars. Also, your porch is awesome!

1 Like

@steiconi - Me too, I haven’t watched any for a while but my friend Spammy and I love to watch Project Runway whilst we craft!!

@irid3sc3nt - Why thank you, we finally moved house a few months ago and it’s so much lighter and nicer for taking piccies!!

3 Likes

I love these. They are so bright and happy. I think a raglan shirt would be cool, or the doggie shirt. You can’t go wrong either way.

1 Like

They are so cheerful and all those colors makes them quite versatile.

1 Like